Chapter One ~ Hogwarts sortings and suspicions

I wrote this in June btw, and Voltron season 6 has me shook. Like damn, all the feels and shit.

Anywho.

Harry's POV

We arrived Kings Cross Station pretty early in the morning to get a good spot and say goodbye to everyone. We made our way up to platform 9 3/4 and Ginny quickly went through. Next was Ron and I, then Hermione, then Molly and Arthur. The others either weren't here or had work.

I was suddenly pulled into a hug by Molly.

"Be safe." she whispered into my ear. I nodded and hugged back. Molly let me go and sniffed, trying to hide that she was whipping away tears.

I smiled at her and said goodbye to Arthur. Then I boarded the train along with the rest of my friends.

On the way to a compartment we met Luna, and to my surprise (not really) she went up and kissed Ginny full on the lips. Ron made some sort of disgusted noise from seeing his sister snog someone, Hermione kindly looked away to give them privacy, and I kinda sat there gapping like a fish at two of my friends kissing.

"Well, now I'm a seventh wheel." I muttered as I finally broke out of my daze. Ginny snorted and grabbed Luna's hand.

"As you may have deduced, Luna and I are dating." she announced as she smiled lovingly at Luna. Luna gave a dreamy smile back.

"Well I'm happy for you both." I smiled.

"As am I, and I speak for Ron as well." Hermione said as she glared at Ron.

"I guess." Ron shrugged. Hermione elbowed him. "Bloody hell 'mione," he grumbled, "Fine, fine, I'm really happy for you both, but don't go breaking each others heart. You're my friend and sister and that'd be awkward if you made me choose and whatnot."

Ginny and Luna smiled at us and we continued to look for a compartment.

As we walked, I heard the familiar voice of Malfoy. He seemed to be talking to someone, but I couldn't make out who it was. I stopped in front of the compartment, earning some weird looks from my friends.

"I'm so glad this mission is almost over." Malfoy stated.

Mission? What mission? I wondered.

"Agreed Draco." a drawling voice answered. Was that Snape?

"I still don't get why it was us and not someone else." Malfoy whined.

"I believe it was something about needing some space from a certain someone." Snape answered.

"Right, right. Not my fault he can be a jerk sometimes." there was a silence; suddenly Malfoy spoke again, "Well, time to go, we cannot be seen or heard in here." I could hear walking and quickly walked away with my friends.

"That was an...odd conversation." Hermione remarked.

"Odd may be a bit too mundane to define that conversation." Ron scoffed.

"Wow, look at my brother, using big words." Ginny teased. Everyone except Ron laughs and soon we lapse into an easy conversation as we take a seat in our compartment.

~*~After the train ride~*~

We existed the train only to spot the newly dubbed headmistress McGonagall walked towards the school briskly with a group of five teenagers about our age towards the school. As we grew nearer to them I could vaguely hear what they were saying.

"That train would be a lot cooler if it was like a hover train or something." one with blond hair remarked, he sounded American.

"Nah, it would be cool if it could fly." another boy with black hair and dark red tips countered, he sounded American as well.