Chapter 2 - Mystery Boy

Grace

 A Week Later

I woke up to the sound of children laughing and birds chirping. I blink a few times, my vision was a little blurry. I was so lost in my dreams that I had forgotten where I was. Last night I found a park somewhere in the big city of London and decided to sleep in one of the tubes that connect the jungle gyms together. Let me tell you, it might sound uncomfortable but it’s much better than sleeping on a bench or on the sidewalk. The fact that the plastic tube was surrounding me almost made me feel as if I was protected. Silly, I know. 

I saw a little boy looking at my strangely, he was trying to get through. I smiled and said sorry, he pouted. 

“Why were you sleeping here?” the little boy asked. 

I didn’t know what to say. “I was so exhausted from playing on the jungle gym,” I smiled. I’m not exactly sure why I lied, I mean he was a random little boy. I guess it was because I didn’t want to ruin his bliss. You know, the ignorance we all have as little kids, not knowing how badly things could potentially get when we get older. He laughed when I told him my excuse, “You’re weird.” I’ll take that as a compliment. I smiled and quickly got out of his way, taking my huge duffel bag with me. 

I started making my way through this gigantic city. What am I to do? I wasn’t too hungry, but I’m sure after sleeping in a park outside all night, I was sure to look like a hot mess. I decided to stop by a Starbucks and get myself a little coffee, and take advantage of the fact that they had single bathrooms. After I ordered my coffee, I went to the bathroom. Luckily I brought shampoo with me from home. I turned on the sink and washed my hair and then took off my clothes and cleaned my body and changed. I felt better. I mean, it was no shower, but hey, it was something! 

I left and got my drink and sat down in a big comfy couch in one of the corners and took out my book. This is where I kept all the lyrics to my songs. I don’t play guitar or piano or anything, so none of them had an actual melody and notes to go along with them, but in my head I knew how I wanted them to sound if they were ever to actually be a song. 

At the moment I was still feeling a bit hopeless. As much as I hated living with them, my family was all I had, and .. It’s hard to just start over with nothing. I take out a pencil and start writing. It usually takes me a long time to write, I mean I have the feelings and emotions, I always know what I want to write about, but putting it into words is more difficult than it seems. But it was different somehow ...this time it was as if the lyrics were just pouring out of me. I was experiencing my emotions on a whole new level.

I don't know what time it is

or whose the one to blame for this

Do what I believe what I can't see

And how do you know which way the wind blows

Cause I can feel it all around

I'm lost between the sound

And just when I think I know 

Here I go

Goodbye for now

Goodbye for now..So long

I'm not the type to say I told you so