Chapter 3 - A New Point of View

• Dedicated to Anyone who is reading this <3

Chapter 3 - A New Point of View

Harry

I watched as mystery girl ran down the street smiling at me. 

“Wait! I didn’t catch your name!” I yelled to her. 

“It’s Grace!” She replied, disappearing into the horizon of the street meeting the pitch black night sky.  Grace. I like that. Poor girl had been crying on the sidewalk, I asked her what was the matter, but she didn’t want to seem to tell me. She looked so distraught, her big brown eyes red from crying and her hair a little messy. She was still pretty, even after all that! I could only imagine what she would look like normally. Probably beautiful.

The night had been cold and the sky was on the verge of pouring down rain. The fog was thick and I squinted as the last of Grace blurred away. I wonder what a girl like her was doing sitting on the curb alone at this time of night. Alone. Crying. Clearly she was hurt. I could comprehend her at the moment, for that was the very reason I was out right now as well. Funny, I feel so lonely tonight, and so did she. For all I know she´s a complete stranger, but I feel like she felt lonely too. I could see it in her eyes, as she bit her lip and hesitated to speak. 

I turned into my apartment building, looking up at the reddish brown bricks that were all so perfectly aligned. I quickly went inside, pushing through the heavy glass door and making my way up the stairs to the top floor. I unlocked the door and saw Louis passed out on the couch with the TV on. I tip toe past him, I don’t want to wake him. Just as I reach for the doorknob to my room I hear…

“Where have you been?” Louis said in a teasing voice. His voice seemed more awake than it should be for someone who was supposedly just sleeping, I wonder if he was actually sleeping or if he faked it. It´s very Louis to fake things for the sake of gathering information.  

“Just went for a walk about two hours ago. Didn’t notice how long I was out there.” I replied flatly. 

“Why did you go for a walk?” Louis asked, knowing something was on my mind. 

“Just cause….” I said, trying to avoid the conversation. I’m not really one to wear my emotions on my sleeve, I usually just brush them to the side and keep a happy smile on my face, but lately that’s been getting harder to do than usual. I´ve been feeling so down and lonely lately, and I just can´t put my finger on why I´d felt this way. Long walks are the only thing that calm my thoughts down enough for me to think clearly.

“What’s wrong, Harry? You think I wouldn’t know when something’s bothering you?” He said chuckling. He’s right, I can’t hide anything from him. 

Even though I know I´ve been feeling lonely lately, I can´t tell him that. He´s simply going to say, ¨why, you´re not alone. You´ve got me and the boys Haz!¨

Which is true, I do have the boys, but I don´t know, it´s as if it´s not enough. I know that's selfish thing to say, because people would kill for my lifestyle and friends like mine. I thought maybe I was homesick, so I went to go see my mum the other day, but here we are a couple days later and I still have this feeling. I’m starting to get confused. I have a great life, why am I feeling so bummed? I mean, lately I didn’t even wanna hang out with the boys because since we got time off all Louis, Zayn, and Liam do is hang out with their girlfriends, and Niall is practically in a relationship with his food. So really they were all happy and content with their lives and I´m just here... 

“Nothing Lou, I just needed some fresh air and time to think. Just stress, I guess,” I said running my hand through my hair. I wasn’t up for this conversation about my troubles right now, especially since I wasn’t even sure what I was feeling or why. Discussing emotions, especially mine, isn´t exactly my forte. 

I turn around to go into my room when Louis says, “I saw you talking to that girl.” He raised his eyebrow in suspicion. I knew he wasn´t sleeping, he was actually spying on me, but I decide to let this go. Typical Louis. But obviously now he thought I snuck out at night to go meet up with a girl or something. Going on a walk to look for girls? Ha, my life is already confusing, I don’t need a girl to make it even worse.

“Yeah, I was just making sure she was okay..She was crying and I don’t know.” I said, explaining the situation, though obviously not well because it just made me look even more suspicious. Nice going Harry.

“Hmm.. Whatever you say, Harry. I know something’s bothering you though, when you’re ready to talk about it I’m here,” Louis said reassuringly. 

This is why I loved Louis. He really knew how to make me feel better, always knew the right thing to say. Great friend, Louis is. I just can´t get my head around why I´m feeling so down. This has really started taking a toll on me.

“Thanks,” I said with a slight smile and walked into my room. My room was pretty plain, white walls, a wooden desk, and a dresser and a closet. It wasn´t too big either, but I preferred it simple like this. I threw off my clothes and crawled under my covers which were stripped orange, yellow, and white. I got comfortable and stared at the ceiling, thinking. I couldn’t help but think of Grace. Why was she crying? What was she doing all alone? She looked so broken.. 

One thing’s for sure though, she was beautiful, with long black hair, olive skin, and big brown eyes. Ha, look at me. Thinking about this girl I didn’t even know. I wanted to know her though… I want to know everything about her. Her eyes seemed so dim, so lifeless, but something tells me there´s more to her. 

That’s when it hit me...  Could it be that this feeling of loneliness was because I wanted a girl in my life? I wanted someone to be there for me as more than just a friend?! Harry Styles… wanting more than just a sexual relationship with someone? I mean don’t get me wrong, I don’t have a problem with relationships, but.. I don’t know. I was definitely getting tired of just going from girl to girl, getting bored of the same slutty girls throwing themselves at me. But, relationships complicate everything .. And why did this random girl I knew for a whole 10 minutes spark this in me? I don’t even know her! Maybe I just .. I don’t know… 

What is happening to the world…? I can’t believe I’m about to say this..but Harry Styles wants a girlfriend. 

_____________________________________________________________________