Chapter 14: Trip

Damien POV

"I finally saved up for my second sem tuition fee and still have a little bit left just in time for my second year. My goodness!" Camila cheerily announced.

I smiled at her. I like how happy she looks and as long as I'm with her, I'd make sure she has that feeling all the time. She's working and studying too much for her own good so sometimes, I could not help but worry a bit for her. Is she getting enough rest? Is she sleeping well? All that. Which is why whenever we meet each other, I always make sure she's pampered. Oh, my hardworking baby.

For her last day of semester at uni, we just toured around the city and had our usual dates. Although, she insisted on working full-time while on her semester break so she's still tiring herself. I told her to rest a bit easy for at least just two days but she heavily refused my idea.

"I would be bored if I just stayed with Tita Shaina at home, I'm sure you know that, Dame." she chuckled a bit, finding my idea ridiculous.

"Hmm. Then I'll sleep at my parent's home, then. We won't see each other at the city but we'd still hang out here at the suburbs..." I huskily said.

She giggled again. Oh, how much I would give just to hear her sweet and soft voice forever. It is literally heaven to my ears.

"Tsss. So clingy." she softly said.

I stood by my words. Even though it is a little bit of a hassle to stay at my parents' house since I had to drive for a few minutes more on the way to training, it is worth it because I get to see her. Plus, I get to hang out more with my family which I cannot do all the time.

I guess it was truly the perfect time to go home, especially when my mum received great news for an investigation she's been working on for so long already.

"They found him already! After so many years..." my mum announced before tears came out on her eyes.

Dad hurriedly comforted her while Andre and I checked out the files she had laid down. It was pictures my mum's parents, a picture of my grandfather in his younger days and some data about him. It seems like through actual interview with the person himself and comparing pictures, they've finally identified him. It is my mum's life-long wish, after all. She already had us but something was missing with her... she knows she wanted to meet her biological father.

"What took it so long again? Kinda forgot." Andre bluntly said.

"His name is too common, especially the surname. Most Filipinos have it..." I replied while still looking at the files.

"Ah! I get it. Filo kids in my high school had this surname. Even Mila, right? Cruz." Andre's face brightened up.

"Hmm. Yeah." I said.

After reading verbatim of investigations and other stuff, I just skipped through a quick profile overview on my mum's father so I'd know without going through much trouble.

Name: Emmanuel Cruz
Age: 71
Hometown: Alcontar, Philippines

He has children listed on it except for my mum. He really didn't know about my mum's existence, huh. Well, basing from my mum's story, apparently, our grandmother never wanted to him to know. Something like that.