Chapter 19: Please

Damien POV

I do not fucking understand a single thing at all. Too much for a fucking day.

All I expected from my visit here in the Philippines is seeing mum fulfil one of her long-time wish as we spend time with her father and also tour around the country a bit more.

I have known that Camila have had bad encounters with this country and I have actually planned to fill it with fresher, better memories. But with just happened, just how the hell would I be able to ease out her bad encounters? Just with what we all fucking found out the today! The fuck!

"Woah. That was bloody out of this world, mate." Andre starts to say as he sits next to me.

After the bloody confrontation earlier, we all decided to stay in a nearby hotel. Obviously, we just could not fit in the small house earlier. It was barely even enough for the people living there, actually. Mum and dad were out with the agents as they decided to give them a treat for finally making her meet her father after all the years.

I decided to go to the hotel's bar whilst Andre followed me. Camila, well.... I do not know where she is. I tried to act normal with her even though what I still don't know how to feel with what we just found out but she excused herself and went somewhere. I even insisted to follow her, It's the best choice that she did refuse.

Maybe she does need a time alone and I need it badly, too. I just don't know how to feel with all these!

"Easy there, mate. You're gonna kill yourself, brotha!" my stupid brother even managed to joke. How can he fucking be calm and just joke around after the heated confrontation earlier!?

"Oh, just shut the fuck up." I looked at him darkly. He chuckled at me as he sip more of his own beer that he ordered.

"C'mon. In Australia, cousins can legally marry under our laws. First cousins, second cousins, whatsoever. Don't make such a big deal out it. You fuss too much." he said like it's nothing again.

Although it was never directly mentioned during the confrontation earlier, we all know the fucking harsh truth. One way or another, since mum and Camila's dad looks like they're half-siblings.... we're definitely related.

"Half-cousins. It's only half..." I stupidly said before drinking another shot of some liquor I like.

Andre growled at me and his lips turned into a grim line. It's almost as if he's mocking me, thinking that I'm stupid. Well, yeah, maybe I am stupid!

"You're smarter than me. You and I both know that there's no such things as half-cousins.... You two are first cousins, period. But still can marry under Aussie law!" he managed to blurt out again, trying to make the mood lighter.

Well, I like to think that he is making the mood a bit easier for me. Otherwise, he's just being annoying. I hate how he can just be so carefree like that. Must be because of his trouble-free love life again, huh.

"What should I do..." I miserably said, with one of my hands holding my forehead.

I cannot believe that I am absolutely clueless. I do not know what to feel or do! I do not know what actions to make or how to really act. One thing's for sure though... One thing hasn't really changed... I am in love with Camila.

"Bro, you know I'm with you with all these. Just follow this." he pointed out to his chest and raised his eyebrow up at me before taking another shot.

My heart, huh? If I don't think right now... If I don't use my mind right now... All I would do is just run after Camila. Assure her that I still love her and whatever information we've both found out won't ever change that. Damn it! Why did I ever let her go alone!