Chapter 18: Related

Camila POV

I am honestly beyond bothered. I have had goose bumps now every time I keep staring at the familiar framed pictures again. But even though this curiosity and uneasy feeling of mine almost want to blast up, I have kept on reminding myself that this is not even about me. I am here because of Ms. Amy's reunion with her father and I just happen to go because I was her child's girlfriend.

Two men, which I assume Ms. Amy's half-brothers or something, have brought juice for all of us and some pastries. I think that even though the glasses weren't all the same, it was cute. It was a nice gesture because it does seem rare for them to have guests.

I didn't hesitate to drink the juice they have offered. Just to ease the feeling bothering me. It's only been half an hour or so. It's not the right time to just suddenly butt in while Ms. Amy and her father are obviously enjoying each other's time catching up with each other.

"Oh, right! This is my husband, next to the lovely agents who have helped me find you. Then back there, is my two kids, Damien and Andre. The cute girl is Camila, my older son Damien's girlfriend. We brought her here, too." Ms. Amy sweetly introduced us.

Her father gave us a quick look and a small smile, which I gave back. What was his name again? Emmanuel Cruz?

We have the same fucking last name! Cruz is a very typical Filipino surname and almost everyone in the Philippines know someone with that surname. I wouldn't be bothered but I can't help but feel the uneasy feeling because there's literally a picture of me in his freakin' house. Gosh!

Now that I think about it, I have never really met my father's parents. Actually, I never really remember visiting any grandparents on both sides. Although, I do know more of about my grandparents on my mother's side because she and Tita Shaina would always show pictures and such. My grandparents from my mum's side were already both gone though, since I was barely four, I think? Right after their death, it was when my family decided to follow Tita Shaina and migrated in Australia as well.

My father never really showed pictures nor told me stories like mum did, though. I didn't know any grandparents from his side and I have always assumed that they're probably both dead too.

But being in a situation like this, feeling creeped out by seeing certain pictures framed in some stranger's house with the same last name, I really do not know what to think anymore. I cannot even fathom how crazy I feel right now. How my insides are tingling and head all spinning around, dizzy from whatever information I'm dying to find out.

The old man revealed that his wife died three months ago but his two sons are still living with him. One was married with three little kids whilst the other one still doesn't have any kids. They were all living in the same, small house with two rooms.

"Nice to meet you. I'm your only daughter then, huh?" Ms. Amy managed to blurt out calmly. Even though she had only met her biological father for only a little bit of time, she has already managed to be comfortable with him. It's amazing!

"You're absolutely right. Actually, you still have another sibling you have to meet. Your oldest brother, Joel Cruz. Ever since he married someone that my wife didn't like for him, we never saw him again. He would only send pictures of him, his family and child. You might know him! Joel migrated to Australia a long time ago." the old man sadly said.

Ms. Amy hugged her father tightly, seeing how sad he is.

"Aww! Pops, do you miss him? We'll find him for you, alright? I want all of my siblings reunited as well." Ms. Amy quipped with excitement.

"Really?" the old man excitedly said.

Ms. Amy nodded and smiled again, assuring her father.

"Why, thank you, thank you my child! It has been years since I last saw him and even his child, I have never seen her in person. I want to see you all together at least before I rest peacefully." the old man said.