Chapter Eleven

Together We Will Set The World On Fire

Sorry for anything spelling/grammar issues!

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Jenna's POV

Ronnie had just listened from the other end. Then he soothed me while I cried. He didn't know what to suggest, but I felt a little better just telling him everything. Ronnie could be an asshole, but I could always count him. Eventually he had to go for a soundcheck, so he told me he loved me and hung up.

With Ronnie it was so easy. We loved each other like siblings. No drama, just a connection and a shared passion for music and performing. I just stared at the bottom of the bunk over top of mine, until the curtains to my bunk opened and closed. I was pushed to the far side of my bunk, still refusing to turn my head and see who it was, incase it was Ashley or Jake. The body sat beside me and cleared his throat. I still didn't look. 

"It's only me" I heard CC's voice say. I sighed with relief, turning to him.

Sitting up, I wrapped him in a hug. He hugged me back tightly, making me feel safe.

"I wanted to talk to you about something" he said after a moment. I pulled away and looked at him, gesturing for him to continue. 

"First, why was Jake punching Ashley?" 

After I didn't say anything, he said

"Please just be honest with me, Jen. I can keep a secret."

I sighed.

"Okay. Brace yourself then." He nodded, and I began to tell him everything. I told him about how Ashley could be so sweet, then turn into this huge asshole. I told him why Jake was punching him, and why I jumped in front of Ashley. I told him that I love Ash.

"I just don't know what to do anymore, Christian." I finished. He had listened intently through my whole speech, nodding occasionally to let me know that he was still listening. He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could, the curtains opened to reveal Andy, Jinxx, and Jake.

"What the hell guys?!!" CC cried. He instantly turned to me.

"Jen, I swear I didn't know they were there!"

"He's sleeping on the couch" Jake informed me. 

I sighed with relief. I turned to CC.

"It's fine, I know you didn't" I said, hugging him. "Thank you for listening to me."

He just nodded. I liked this can-be-serious-when-necessary side of CC. I then turned to the three guys sitting on the floor beside my bunk that were looking at me with guilty half smiles.

"We won't tell him, we swear." Jinxx said. Andy and Jake both nodded, with their hands over their hearts. I had to laugh at that. 

"Are we okay now, Jenna?" Jake asked me. "I truly am sorry for hurting him on your behalf, I should've talked to you first."

I just nodded and stood up to hug him. 

"Don't apologize to me though, apologize to Ashley. I'm not the one with a face that looks like a destroyed grape."

They all laughed, and we went to get some food, leaving Ashley asleep on the couch. I really hope I can trust them to keep their mouths shut.