one. the beginning of something beautiful

TAYLOR'S POV

The best thing about the first day of summer is sleeping in until whenever and not being woken by your parent/guardian. I think that's the best feeling in the entire world. I sat at the kitchen table reading celebrity articles while my mother was outside drinking her morning tea and reading a romance novel. "Taylor, what are you reading this time?" mom asked through the screen door. "Five seconds of summer" I said scrolling down. "What are they up to?" she asked. "They played at IHeartRadio" I recalled reading from the article to her. "They seem interesting" she simply said. "They are, their new stuff is so off brand for them which I love" I smiled playing Want you Back. "I like this" mom said moving her finger back and forth. I laughed "no you don't" she just shrugged as my phone buzzed, a text from my best friend Kelsey Styles my other best friend Harry Styles' sister.

Kay: LET'S GO TO THE BEACH!

Me: LET'S GO! IT'S NICE OUT AND I'M BORED OF READING ARTICLES

Kay: I'll meet you at your house in five!

Me: Sounds good!

I close my laptop. "Kelsey and I are going to the beach" I said. "It is a nice day out" mom said taking off her reading glasses and closed her loved paper back. "Yeah, do you know where my bathing suit is?" I asked. "In the laundry room, in the dryer" mom said coming in the house to fill her tea cup. "Thanks" I smiled kissing her cheek and walked to the laundry room. "Be careful, please" mom calls as I dig out my mustard yellow high waisted bikini bottoms and top to match. "We always are!" I called back. I walk back into the kitchen to grab waters and my beach bag. My mom was back at her usual seat outside sipping her tea. "I'm going to get ready okay?" I said. "Alright" mom simply said her nose dug in her book. I walk away and walk up the stairs to my room to get changed and pack my essentials like hair brush, deodorant, perfume and extra clothes. I went in the bathroom to wipe off my makeup and got changed in my bathing suit and put my favorite white cover up over it. "Taylor! Kelsey is here!" mom called. "Coming!" I called stuffing my towel in my bag. "Hey girl!" Kels simpered at me when I came down the stairs. "Hey girl" I simpered back. "Ready?" she asked. "Born ready!" I exclaimed. "I'll see you later, girls" mom stated kissing the tops of our heads. "Bye mom" we said in unison.

We walked out the door. "God it's hot, I didn't even go outside today" I laughed. "I have, my mom begged me to work out on the garden, I need an escape" she dramatically placed her backhand to her forehead and I laughed. "Well, the beach is a great escape from that" I laughed as she unlocked her slug bug. "That, that is a true statement Baby June" she smiled. The nickname Baby June Kelsey gave me because I'm a June baby so it kind of stuck I love it actually. It's really cute in my opinion. Lana Del Rey's Summer Bummer played when she started her car. "Ah, setting the summer vibes eh?" I laughed. "Lana is queen for setting the summer vibes" Kels smiled singing along. "ALL HAIL THE QUEEN!" I exclaimed out the window. "Starbucks?" she asked. "Always" I agreed. "The usual?" Kay asked. "Surprise me" I smiled. "Alright" she replied.

We arrive at Starbucks and she ordered her drink for me. "Oooo classy, iced tea" I said as she handed the drink to me. "The classic" she said taking a sip. "Indeed" I replied. We continued to drive to Belladonna Isle. It's so pretty there the sand is a light yellow and it's spotless. The water is crystal blue you can see the bottom of the water. "I can't wait to feel that water" I said looking out the window. "Same, Harry and Jay are there, you like Jay, don't you?" Kelsey smiled playfully at me. "Yeah, I do but he'll never go for me" I shrugged taking a sip of my drink. "You never know, baby" she beamed as she payed to get in. "I look like a naked mole rat" I scoffed. "You look cute as always, stop downing yourself June Bug" Kelsey said as she fluffs her hair in the tinted car window. I sigh pulling my bun tighter. "Let's soak up some rays and enjoy Jay's company" Kelsey loops her arm in mine. "I will" I laughed as we walked to the board walk it felt nice to be in the sun and listening to the ocean waves crashing into the sandy earth. I see two shirtless boys jogging up to us. "Hey Tay" Harry says hugging me. "Hey" I smiled, "how's the water?" I asked. "Cool, but it's nice" Jay says his black hair slicked back from the water. "I hope so, I'm already sweating" Kelsey joked as we walked to the guys towels. "Same" I replied laying my towel next to Jay's and Kelsey lays her towel next to Harry's. I put on sunscreen on my arms and legs. "Kay, want to help me with the sunscreen situation?" I asked Kelsey. "I can do it" Harry says swiping the bottle from my hand. "Oh, um thanks" I say turning around and lifting my baby hairs off my neck.