five. falling in love at a coffee shop.

TAYLOR'S POV

I wake up the next morning feeling super groggy. I went to the bathroom to comb my hair. I went to grab my phone Jay texted me. It finally hit me, I'm dating Jay now. There was a pit in my stomach mixture of guilt and happiness.

J: Good morning, Sunny :)

T: Good morning :)

J: How did you sleep?

T: Pretty good, how'd you sleep?
J: Same (:

T: Good! Are you still coming over this afternoon? You can bring the little ones!

J: I was planning on it lol.

T: Good :D

J: I have to take care of the little ones, if I don't reply that's why :P

T: Alright.

I went downstairs to get breakfast... or brunch. My mom is in her usual spot outside reading and drinking coffee. "Moring, or afternoon" mom looks behind her. "Morning" I say grabbing a mug. "How was the party?" she asked. She knows I don't drink or smoke or anything like that. "Insane" I replied. "Tell me about it" she replied opening the screen door. "Well, I think Jay asked me out and I said yes" I say slowly. Mom's eyes went wide I was afraid of they are going to pop out of her head. "What!? I thought you liked Harry?" she asked shocked. "I do, I don't know, I want to keep Harry as a friend... I don't want to ruin something we have" I say. "If you're happy then I'm happy" she smiled filling her cup. "Thanks mom, also, I'm baking today with Jay and he's bringing his sibs" I told her. "So, you want me to leave?" she asked. "Maybe" I laughed. "I can take a hint" mom smiled. "Alright" I replied grabbing French toast. I pour some coffee in a mug and watched some YouTube. I ate my breakfast when Harry called me. "Hey, Harry, what's up?" I asked. "Hey, I need to tell you something" he sounded nervous. "Sure, is everything okay?" I asked. "No, not really" Harry says. "You can come over if you want" I told him. "I'm already here" he says just like that, I hear a knock on the door. "It's open" I called. Harry walks in. "Hey" I say hugging him. He hugs me back like he's going to lose me forever. "Hey" he says. "Want to go up to my room and talk?" I asked. "Yeah, hi mom" Harry calls. "Hi, honey" mom called back as we descended up to my room. I close my door as Harry sits on my bed. "What's wrong?" I asked sitting next to him. He takes a deep breath. He explains to me that they were playing with my heart and to see who I would chose. I chose Jay like an idiot.

I just looked at him, defeated. I was hurt, so miserably hurt. My best friend and his best friend was playing me like I was some price. "I'm so, so sorry, Tay" he whispered. "It's..." I took a deep shaky breath, I was crying. I couldn't hold it in any longer. Harry just hugged me. "I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to hurt you" he whispered in my hair. "Then why did you?" I asked looking at him. "I... I don't know" he looked sad. "I didn't want to lose our friendship" I stated, "that's why I said yes." He blinks at me. "I understand that" he tightly smiled at me. I sigh "you know I love you right?" I asked. "Yeah, you know I love you, right?" he smirked. I laughed "yeah." I knew he wanted to kiss me, but he held back. "Is that all you wanted to say?" I asked. "Yeah, I had to say it, it was eating at me" he confessed. "I saw how much it hurt you when I was with Jay at the party, I'm sorry" I say. "It's okay, I was kind of tipsy at the time" he confessed. I just laughed.

We talk in my room for a while when I got a text from Jay saying he's here. "Jay's here with Noah and Chloe" I told him. "Oh... he's over?" his green eyes became evergreen. I nod "You can help with brownies" I say. "It's okay, he probably doesn't want me around you guys" he looked sad. "We'll hang after, okay?" I say getting up. "Yeah, sure" he forced a smile. I hugged him and he hugged me back. He gives the best hugs ever. We walk down the steps "hey Tay, Harry" Jay smiled. The little tatter tots came running towards me. "TAYLOR!" they say happily. "Hello my favorite munchkins" I say hugging them both. "I'll see you later, Taylor" Harry says and walks out. Jay hugs me from behind and I blush. "Hey" Jay smiled. "Hi" I smiled hugging him back. "Hello, Jay" mom says. "Hello, Mrs. Lee, how are you?" he asked. "Oh please, call me Jessica" mom smiled. He nods. "And these are Chloe and Noah" Jay said and the little ones waved. "Ah, yes I heard a lot about you" mom smiled. "Hey mom, do we have things to make my brownies?" I asked her. "I think so, if not I can go to the store" mom says. I walk into the kitchen followed by my two little shadows. "Your house is pretty!" Chloe says sitting on a chair. "Thank you" I say. "Ah, we don't have milk or chocolate chips" I say. "I'm on it" mom smiled with a wink.