On the outside

I packed the flashlight with me out of habit and gathered my things. I wasn't really hungry this time, so I just tied my blindfold over my eyes and got ready to leave. However, I couldn't help but take the small doll with me. I thought about it for a while as I ran outside and down a path. Something about the doll seemed even more familiar to me. I remembered last night's dream, then suddenly stopped. I remembered how I got it after all.

(Flash back)

To disguise the young fire elf, the drow woman had brought him a dark pair of glasses, and made up the story of her blind little brother. Whenever they were safely shut in her room, he could take them off as she comfortably tried teaching him how to read. His reading skill was just fine, yet his extremely slurred and stuttering voice worried her. He couldn't help it, but she didn't mind. Besides, he could say her name just fine, and that made her smile. "Y-yona..." He'd mumble, and she knew he needed something. He loved to read, but loved to draw even more. Yona didn't mind, as soon as he got the hang of reading on his own, Yona would continue her doll making hobby.

One day, he drew and colored a picture of Yona. "Look Yona," he mumbled, "I drawed yoo." She laughed, looking at his drawing with a light smile. She looked back at the little elf doll she was making and sewed two orange buttons in for it's eyes. "And I made this for you, Jay," she said passing him the smaller toy. Since he didn't have a name of his own to call himself by, she decided to call him Jay, after her father.

He hugged her tightly, happy with his new present as they got ready to sleep for the night. She'd hold the seven year old protectively in her arms every night as they slept, for she never wanted him to suffer again.

(Present day)

Flameslinger sighed, looking at the small doll in his arms. That makes two names he had almost forgotten, and he wanted to hit himself for almost forgetting about her. Yona was the sister he never had. She was much different from the other drow, so much different in fact, that she didn't deserve to be referred to as one of those traitors.

"Yona. You were never a drow, you were a true elf to me," he said to himself. Holding the doll she made close as he slowed his run to a walk.

(Stealth elf POV)
The fact that he's suddenly slowed down surprised all three of us as we silently watched him from the tree tops. "I can't believe you almost gave us away last night," said Spyro. I covered his mouth with my hand. "Look, I'm sorry, but what matters is that I wasn't caught, so let's just continue the mission, okay?" He nodded, and I let his snout go.

I watched Flameslinger as he continued on his way. That doll seemed very important all of a sudden, but why? I wasn't completely sure, and I was worried about what we may discover about him.

"What's going on Flame?" I mumbled to myself as we continued to follow behind silently.