Myths

The odd group had come here for a camping trip, and they finished setting up their tents within minutes. They spent most of the time chatting, enjoying the forest sounds around them, and roasting marshmallows. It suddenly occurred to me that I might be stalking them, so I tried going away for the rest of the day. I ran around the forest for the rest of the day. As it got dark I climbed up into an apple tree for the night, getting comfortable up in the branches. In the corner of my mind's eye, I saw I'd unintentionally made my way back to the camp, but I was too hungry to leave. I quietly ate apples as they all laughed and chatted to each other.

Since I was being quiet as usual, I couldn't help but listen in on one of the conversations.

"Stealth, you know how there are elves that aren't Life types?" The blur elf girl wearing black asked her friend, the minty elven girl from earlier. "Yeah, there's you and rider, the frost elves, elves who harness air and magic..." She began, "why do you ask?" "When I was growing up, my village would always talk about a fire elf being born somewhere, apparently the news spread just about all over Skylands, but no one could ever find it," she  explained. "It?" Asked Stealth. "No one ever found out if it was a boy or a girl, no proof of it was even found." "Well if there's no proof," said the eagle man, adding himself to the conversation, "then there most likely isn't one. Besides, I'm pretty sure a fire elf just can't randomly exist without there being other ones anyway." "You never know," said the furry blue thing, "in a land of magic anything is possible."

From what I was getting, no one thought I existed. Perfect! If I'm not real, no one will worry about trying to hurt me down. I was happy, yet it seemed like I was slightly disappointed as well. I could easily prove them wrong, but I much prefer being hidden, so I stayed put in the tree.

Suddenly, I heard a faint splash off in the distance, and a woman crying for help. For some reason I stopped thinking, and quickly ran down the side of the tree towards her cries, unknowingly catching some attention as a green and blue blur flew by.