Better from here

(Stealth elf's POV)

I could hear them again, but I didn't care. I'm pretty sure everyone knows how I feel about Flameslinger at this point. However it doesn't bother me, I just want to be there when he finally wakes up.

"Stealth, please come eat something!" Said Sprocket. "You can't just have a tiny box salad and call it a full meal!" Said Spyro, "besides, you and I both know he often gets concerned if someone hasn't eaten much. He gets that habit from you."

Spyro was right about that, Flameslinger had learned a lot of his cooking skills from me. He was already decent, but he would often agree that I helped sharpen his skills. However food wasn't on my mind at the moment as I sat by his side. I watched his steady breathing as he laid peacefully under the covers.

It's been two days, though his nasty burns seemed to have healed quite a bit, he still hadn't woken up. When Eon returned us all, we all explained everything that happened, though Eon was disappointed that quite a few Skylanders disobeyed his order to stay. However despite that things are almost back to normal. However many Skylanders often stop by to see how Flameslinger is doing, or to ask where I am. I haven't really been outside in a while.

I gently held his bandaged hand as I laid my head on the edge of the bed again. I hope he'd wake up soon, Eon said he'd be perfectly fine, but I was still worried. However I was pulled from my thoughts as I felt him trying to move his hand, only for his bandages to get in the way, causing him to wince.

"Flameslinger?" I asked, my eyes filling with tears of joy as he stirred, his eyes fluttering open.

(Flameslinger's POV)

My head hurts. My hands hurt too. Come to think of it, a lot of me hurts, and I feel weak. I try to sit up anyway as I felt a gentle pair of hands helping me. I looked over to see Stealth elf, and she was crying.

"What's wrong...." I asked, wiping her tears with a bandaged hand, though I still feel quite weak. "Please don't cry, there's no reason to." "I thought I lost you..." She said, trying to wipe her tears, "I thought I'd never be able to tell you how I feel..." My eyes widened, my dad's final words making more sense. I took her hand and kissed it, trying to give a warm smile as her tears slowly began calming. "I'm here Stealth, and I promise I'll never leave you," I said, "I love you..."

"I love you too," she said, slowly moving and planting a soft kiss on my lips. I weakly kissed back, wishing I wasn't so weak at the moment.

"Dawww..." We heard someone say. We turned our heads to see everyone was watching us from the doorway, some of whom only stepped inside to check up on us.

Eon soon came over, happy that I finally woke up. "Whatever happened, I want a detailed explanation of what happened, because Stealth elf refused to tell me," he said, "I want to make sure it doesn't happen again since you used a lot of your strength doing it. It's why you were unconscious."

I remember what had happened, telling him about how I seemed to snap out of the traptanium, only for him to look concerned. "I'm glad you're okay.... But I've never known you to lose your temper," said Eon, "are you sure that's what happened?" I nodded, and he stroked his beard.

Things have been going okay though. I seemed to recover okay, my burns healing before my energy. Whirlwind theorized I could just heal faster, which explained a lot, though it must've been some slap for one scar to stay.

I was soon back to my regular self, running laps around the island and full of boundless energy. Eon had sent me on plenty of other missions, and I was a changed elf. I had become more confident in myself, and even though I hated my voice, I started talking more. I guess I was happy my parents souls were finally put to rest.

However, Stealth elf would talk to me the most, and the two of us grew closer than ever. So much so, that even our friends set up little dates for us. When I I told her, "I love you," she always gave me a cute smile and giggled a bit. Despite usually being positive, no one had ever made her so giggly before, so I had to ask.

"Stealth, how come you seem to smile so much when I talk to you, my voice sounds awful," I said. "She gave me a look, only to laugh a bit before planting a kiss on my lips. "You haven't noticed?" She asked, "doesn't anything feel any different?"

I opened my mouth to protest, only to stop and realize she was right. My voice was smooth and warm, it was barely slurred, and it was like I had a normal voice for once. I smiled, before kissing her passionately.

Life, is right where it needs to be. I couldn't be any happier. Though a little feeling in the back of my mind told me things would only get better from here.

~Fin~