Chapter 13

Sorry this is late we post it on ao3 on friday sometimes we forget we r supposed to post here on Wednesday

edited: 5/13/20

edited: 6/24/23

 "You gave me your word, Marco," the Alpha growled, low and deep.

The vibrations bounced off the cell walls, terrifying the man in front of Derek until he was on the verge of pissing himself. Derek didn't care how harsh he was being.

It seemed whatever emotion he had felt with Stiles the night previous had been ripped away, now replaced by a glacial exterior.

"You said I'd have what was owed last night. Yet, here I am still three grand poorer."

Admittedly, Derek had been- preoccupied the night before and hadn't bothered to follow up on his target within their agreed timespan. Still, today the man had run when he saw Derek coming. He knew the punishment he had brought down on himself when he chose the route of a coward.

"I-I'm sorry I swear you'll get your money! Just please d-don't hurt me."

Marco was hanging by his wrists from chains that dangled from the ceiling. By now the numb, tingling sensation in his arm would be turning painful.

"I won't hurt you. That would involve tainting my hands with your worthless life."

For a moment there was relief on the man's face. This was Derek's favorite part.

"Last I heard you have a little girl, and I believe your wife is pregnant, congratulations," he started, conversationally, "It's truly a shame."

The man hung limp, forgetting to even bother holding himself up as an invincible weight crushed him.

"What- what's a shame?" He dared to ask.

Derek could respect the courage it took.

"That you'll find them all dead in your apartment. A bullet pierced through even the little one's skull."

An agonized scream was torn from the man's mouth, as he started pulling desperately at the bonds. Probably hoping to rip Derek's head off.

"Shut up," the Alpha growled, not in the mood for dramatics, "They're not dead yet."

Marco's gaze shot to Derek's own, hope bleeding into his expression.

"But they will be if you don't find a way to pay up."

"Of course, of course whatever you want just please spare them-"

Derek had already closed the door on the man's babbling and was on his way up the stairs when the pleading began. Allison and Boyd stood guard at the entrance to the basement. They turned to face him as the Alpha entered through the darkness below.

"Wait another hour then untie him. Let him go back to his family and retrieve the money he has hidden from us under their stairs. If by tomorrow he doesn't pay. Kill them all."

The two nodded, sensing their Alpha's mood, and left him be.

Derek grunted, starting to come out of the headspace that let him become Alpha.

For once, it had felt nice to slip into the familiar role as it kept him from thinking of the night before.

Stiles's breathy gasps rang in his ear, the warm body flush against his own...the panicked yelp the boy made when he realized what had happened and fled from the room.

Derek was an asshole. He had pushed Stiles into something he clearly didn't want to do, and had ruined what little relationship they had.

He had felt guilty not going to bed with the boy that night, knowing it would be hard for the other to sleep, but he knew his presence wouldn't be welcome either. He wanted to apologize for his mistakes, even plead for forgiveness despite the foreign act.