Chapter 35

Sorry this ch took a little longer to get out, I am in the end of finals. That being said our brains are a little dead from school work so there will probably be a couple more errors in this ch then the last. For those asking, the last two ch of payment are written so we will be getting them out once we edit them. Finally the song for this ch is a little weird but we love it, its called From Now On from The greatest showman.

As always thanks for your comments and votes, see you next ch!

edited: 5/15/20

edited: 9/26/23

Derek's blights swept through the warehouse as a plague; this was a fight even heaven would turn a blind eye to.

Allison and hers had been the first to enter.

Like a reaper, death wrapped around her as a protective cloak. She readied herself to end those who had built her. This was the poisoned fruit of their labor and Allison was starving.

Derek's second had amassed the attention of the soldiers who had been mulling around as soon as she entered. The greasy men, who had once been Allison's comrades, laughed at her.

They thought this fight to be an easy one.

Even as blood seeped into the intricate prints of Derek's hands, he found he had enough sense of humor left to find that funny.

The men had fallen to Allison's iron will.

As discussed, while Allison was drawing the immediate attention, Lydia and Isaac snuck into the attached building. Boyd had said the crumbling extension was where most of the men were lounging about, but he hadn't seen Kate or her father. Even though Chris had assured them they were in there.

Derek didn't have a choice but to trust Chris; that really made him sick. But in the middle of battle he couldn't give himself the luxury of worrying about it. The time for planning had passed, action was upon them.

Derek and Danny's group had taken down the guards on the outside efficiently, giving them all a boost in morale.

What should have been an immersion of clashing personalities proved to be a cohesive unit. These men had the ability to take the Argents down; these men had the ability to win.

That power was heady, but Derek knew better than to get lost in it.

It was as a mass of footsteps flocked to the warehouse that Derek came to a crushing realization.

No matter how they had planned, no matter the upper hand they might have had, an army was here. An army that had been designed for Derek personally. Under different circumstances, he would have been flattered.

The fighting started off civil.

Bullets had flown, one silver pellet after another. Both sides took notable losses.

The problem was that the Argents had a flood of men ready to take the places of those who had fallen. Derek wasn't that lucky.

Another bullet flew past him, nearly nicking his ear.

The Alpha growled as he ducked behind a moldy crate to avoid getting shot through the head. The Argents were getting bolder. Kate wasn't lying when she said the army had a personal vendetta against him.

It was as he allowed the phantom of war to settle on his shoulders that Derek spotted Scott and Peter. They snaked through their enemies to get to the doors that would lead to Stiles.

It was exactly where Chris had told them to go.

Derek relished the thought that if it was a trap, he would rip Chris's throat out.