Chapter 37

It's here!!!! The end is here!!!! We just want to say a big thank you to anyone who has read this book and given it a chance. We know that sometimes it was hard because we wouldn't update for months at a time, but it's here now this journey of five years is finally over and we are so happy and proud with how it turned out even with all its flaws and rough patches. Thank you to every one who voted and commented and gave us motivation to keep going we thank you from the bottom of our hearts

For now continue on with the last ch of the journey that has been Payment!

The song for this chapter is Born Ready by Zayde Wolf

edited: 5/15/20

edited: 9/30/23

Derek waited on a bustling New York street.

The sun was going down over the horizon, sending hues of pink and purple across the sky. He was leaning against the outside of a building, one of his buildings actually, watching the hoards of people come and go. All of them were caught up in their separate lives, their separate problems.

It was amazing really how only a few months ago a war had taken place in this very city and there was only one civilian who had ever known about it.

Derek inhaled deeply. His lungs expanded as he breathed in crisp evening air.

He was dressed sharp. A fitted black suit accentuated all of the right lines along his body, and a fedora rested precariously on the crown of his head. He was more overdressed than usual, but he didn't seem out of place.

A group of young men and women barged out of the restaurant next to him, all dressed up just as well and high off the spirits they had consumed.

Derek grinned. It seemed as though the group had fetched a hefty price and he knew it would be going straight to his pocket.

That building he was resting upon was a restaurant.

Della Buona - was her name.

Of the good, although Derek couldn't say he had ever done much of that.

A nervous fluttering settled in his stomach as he continued to wait for his guest to arrive.

Derek could only hold off the staff so long before they insisted he come inside and eat something. They were good people and he made sure to treat them right. But he had to keep his distance for now, it was a special night. A night of firsts.

He hadn't had one of those in a long while.

The Alpha cringed, he didn't want to think that way. He wouldn't bring this joyous evening down by thinking of the past and the opportunities he may have lost to it.

More importantly, he had promised himself and his company that he wouldn't dwell on bygones. Traumas had haunted them for months now and he wasn't fool enough to think they would leave so soon. Tonight was a fresh start.

It was still a novelty to him.

Derek never thought he'd be here, alive, let alone on a date.

The Alpha's jittery nerves were interrupted as a sleek, black car rolled up. The vehicle came to a stop and Derek held his breath.

Here went nothing.

The driver ducked out of the car and politely opened the passenger side door for the occupant inside to get out. From the comfort of the dark interior, a shined, ebony dress shoe stepped onto the pavement.

"Close your mouth, Derek," Stiles said, "you'll catch flies."

Stiles Stilinski rose out of the limo.