1: Arrival

Being an Avenger had so many perks.

But then there was the major downsides as well, and that included the Evil Ones.

However, the shocker Thor brought back was one of the best looking Evil Ones I've ever seen, and that's where my problem started.

Thor promised he'd behave. He said he'd changed, but the glint in the Evil One's eyes had me thinking otherwise.

When his piercing green eyes met mine I knew I was in trouble. I mean, the trouble was so good looking, but it was trouble nonetheless. Trouble with a capital T.

And when Thor said one of us was to be assigned to him, I never expected he'd suggest me.

I mean, had I seen the looks being shot between us, I'd never have assigned myself to the Evil One............who happened to be the God of Mischief and Lies.

Being an Avenger meant you didn't fall for the Evil One. You stop him or her, you don't develop weird feelings for them.

You stop them.

So when Tony said I should stay in the compound...alone....with the mischief maker.....I panicked. I was never supposed to be alone with him.

It's not like I didn't trust him.

I didn't trust me.

"So, darling, it's just us," the God pointed out.

I nodded. "It is," I answered without looking at him.

"You don't speak to me much," he added to his list of observations.

"Well, you're kind of the bad guy," I said in an irritated tone that wasn't unnoticed by him.

"My dear, have I offended you?" He inquired, and moved closer.

He was donning a full black suit, tie and all, and I managed to pull my eyes off it for about an hour lately, and hadn't looked at him since.

"Nope," I refused his guess and continued cutting the celery on the chopping board as he leaned one arm against the counter with an ever-present smirk on his face.

I tried so hard to ignore it.

"Do I make you uncomfortable?" He tried a new one.

"No, not at all," I shrugged.

"Do I make you flustered, darling?" His new question caught me off guard.

Well, he did this often, asked questions that seemed to lead to something hidden, an ulterior motive.

"I-I don't know-" I decided to just stop talking, and his reaction made me flustered, just like he predicted; He raised his eyebrows and tilted his head back, staring at me with a knowing glint in his eyes.

"I'm going to take that as a yes, doll," he nodded slightly before pushing himself off the counter, and as he walked past me his fingertips brushed the back of my neck. I think he wanted a reaction, well, he got one.

I whipped around and pressed the blade to his throat, "Don't mess with me, Loki, I won't hesitate to-"

He cut me off by grabbing my wrist and spinning me in a circle, so my back was pressed flush against him, his hold on my wrist holding the blade to my own throat. With his other hand he braced my stomach, keeping me right up against him. "And I won't hesitate to either, do you understand?"

I gulped and nodded. I was plenty dangerous, but it's the fact that he was equally dangerous that had me obeying.

Someone cleared their throat and Loki released me, stepping back a few steps while I rubbed my throat.

The Avengers were home.

I breathed quickly and glared at Loki, and Tony stood in the doorway giving me looks.

"Might I ask why my assassin baby is pressed up against Reindeer Games in my kitchen?" He asked.

I sighed, deciding to ignore him and just escape up the stairs.