17: Paris

After a few moments of being in a complete fog, Loki pulled away and froze.

I panted and gave him a questioning look, my lips feeling swollen.

He frowned and leaned closer to the door. "Does Stark usually keep a dragon in the compound?" He asked after one particularly loud explosion of sound.

I shook my head. "N-no!"

"Oh," Loki nodded. "Then something's exploding."

I gasped, pushing past Loki and yanking open the door. Sure enough, loud explosions were coming from the basement.

Now, when you're in the compound, the wisest thing to do is take a few moments to think things over and not overreact. Let Pietro do that.

The most likely scenario was Tony couldn't sleep and accidentally blew something up, or purposefully blew something up out of boredom.

Shouts came from the basement. "I can't hear anymore!"

"I know! You know how I know?! Cause we're connected!"

"Very funny."

I rolled my eyes. Tony had one of his science kids over..and it sounds like he's had more then coffee. He was either drunk or he's created something good and was very hyper.

Either way I needed to probably keep Loki as many yards away as I can to prevent him from being the next thing Tony blew up, so I sighed heavily and walked back to my room. "Loki, we're going on a vacation to Paris."

Loki looked shocked. "Now?!"

"Yes, now," I said, tonelessly.

He frowned. "Why?"

I grumbled as I tossed a few outfits into a backpack. "So Tony doesn't turn you or me into ash." (Don't think of infinity war)

Loki frowned even deeper, his eyes nearly concealed by his eyebrows.

I smiled softly at him. "Come on Loki, I'm tired and-" a loud explosion cut me off. I patiently waited for it to quiet down. "And Tony isn't going to stop."

Loki had jumped like a cat when the explosion went off, and now he seemed to be more eager to leave. "Sounds good darling."

After I'd managed to sneak past Bucky, Loki and I walked to the living room. "We're here for..what?" Loki asked as I fervently searched.

"We're here for," I paused as yet another explosion cut me off. "My cell phone," I finished when the sounds died down.

Loki nodded. "Ah, the device somehow more entertaining then me."

I rolled my eyes as hard and high as they'd allow me. "Only when you're not pole dancing."

Loki shook his head instead. "That, my dear, isn't happening."

I smiled as he took my hand. "Then it'll forever be more entertaining then you."

Loki have me a 'you're wrong' look. "I think I can prove you wrong, soon as you allow me."

I closed my eyes as soon as I knew we were about to teleport. "So long as I walk away still a virgin, okay then."

Loki sighed and poked my eyelid softly. "Open your eyes darling."

As soon as I did, my eyes met a beautiful sight. The Eiffel Tower, all lit up in the sunlight. We were back in the hotel room, two beds and one nightstand. "So pretty. But..it's daytime here. My internal clock is messed up," I shook my head.

Loki shifted from behind me. "We can sleep today."

I turned around. "Damn straight."

He smiled softly.

I loved that soft smile.