{0} prologue

'Zach! Wake up!' Reese Herron throws the door of Zach's bedroom open, sprints to him and begins to jump on his bed. 'Wake up! Wake up! Wake up! You have to go to school!'

'God, Reese, stop!' Zach Herron says.

'I won't stop until you get out of your bed!' Reese screams. 'Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!'

'Okay, Okay, okay, fine! Get off me!' Reese jumps of the bed and Zach gets up.

'Mom says you have to be down in ten,' She says. She turns around and runs out the door.

Zach

I sigh. I stand up and walk to a chair. I grab my clothes which were laying on that. I put my shirt over my head and put it on. I put my jeans on and walk to the bathroom. I look in the mirror. I look like I haven't slept in a week. I didn't sleep good, that's true. Big bags under my eyes begin the be bigger and are almost black.

'Zach, are you coming?' Nina runs into my room. Nina is my half-sister. She doesn't look like me, Ryan or Reese. No, instead of brown hair and brown eyes, she has blonde hair and blue eyes. Oh and a piercing in her ear. In a couple of days, I will meet my stepmom and my step-siblings. Nina is like, both of them. She is the daughter of my father, but not of my mom.
No, they broke up a long time ago. In that time I was depressed. I always thought that Nina was such a half-sister like the sisters of Cinderella, but damn, I was wrong. She is the sweetest person you could wish for. I'm happy she's my sister.

'You look horrible!' She says when she sees me. 'Are you Okay?' I shrug my shoulders.

'I couldn't sleep tonight,' I say.

'I can help you if you want,' she says. 'Only if you bring me to school.' I roll my eyes.

'Sure,' I sigh. Nina grins and walks out of my room. I shake my head.
I do my hair, What mostly takes like half and an hour before it's good. When that's done, I grab my shoes, put them on and grab my bag. I run down.

'Zach, come here for a second.' I hear Nina saying. I turn me around and walk to her room.

'What's the matter?' I ask.

'I will help you to remove the bags under your eyes.' She says. 'Here, sit.' I sit on her chair and she grabs another chair.

'How are you gonna do that?' I ask.

'Makeup is magic,' She says. She holds her concealer brush in front of me.

'Oh god..'

'Shut it.'

After a couple of minutes, she looks at me.
'Yeah, I'm done.' She puts the brushes away and grabs a mirror. You almost can't see black bags anymore.

'Wow, thanks sis!' I laugh.

'Your welcome!' She laughs. She puts the mirror away and grabs her bag. 'I should go down if I was you, mom is waiting for you. She wants to make sure that you eat.'

'Okay, I'll see you downstairs.' I say. I walk out Nina's door and walk to the living room. I walk to the kitchen and grab a bowl cornflakes. My mother is on the phone.

'You said you would give me more time!' she says to the person on the phone. 'You said that you.- But you.- I don't have the money yet! I- I- I-..' My mother sighs. 'Okay... I'll try.. Yes, I hear you... Bye.' She hangs up. 'Oh, Zach, Honey,' She says when she sees me. 'Did you slept well?'

'I did,' I lie. 'How are you?'

'I'm good, thank you.' I immediately know that she's lying.

'Are you sure?' I ask. 'You sounded really worried on the phone.' My mother sighs.

'How much did you heard?'

'Almost everything, I'm sorry.'

'I don't mind,' she says. She grabs a chair and sits next to me. 'You promise that you won't tell Nina?' I nod. 'The dance teacher of Nina called. I didn't paid for her last semester. If I don't pay in one month, Nina is not allowed to dance anymore.' I look at my mom.

'But mom,' I say. 'Nina loves dancing. She can't live without dancing. This is her sport, her hobby. If you say, Nina, you immediately think of; That girl who dances almost her whole life. That girl in the selection. One of the best dancers in her dance school. They can't kick her out!'

'They can..' mom sighs. 'I don't have enough money, Zach. I don't have work, I have to go with you to the doctor and.-'

'But I can quit for a while,' Zach says. 'I mean, I'm good, right? I eat enough and I'm healthy! Let Nina dance, I can ask dad to help you.'

'He won't help me, Zach,' Mom sighs. 'He hates me... He gives almost everything to his other family, but he doesn't give us.'

'But he gives Nina things,' I say. 'Nina isn't even your real daughter, but you do love her like a daughter, right?'

'Of course, She is amazing,' mom says. 'She's nice, sweet and an amazing person. But listen, this aren't your problems. Just, focus on school, on your eat-plan and your friends. I will take night shifts if I found work, but I don't want you to focus on my problems. Okay?' I nod.

'Hey, Zach, can you bring me to school?' Nina runs off the stairs and walks to me.

'Yea, sure,' I say. 'I see you after school mom. Love you,'

'Love you too, Zach.' I stand up, grab my bag and walk to the door.

'Love you Myta,' Nina says.

'Love you too.'

'We're already preparing for the end show,' Nina says to me, while we walk to my car.

'Already?' I ask surprised. 'But, we're just at the beginning of the school year.'

'Uh, no Zach,' Nina says, stepping in the car. 'We have almost Halloween. We live in October, remember?'

'Oh, yea..' I step in the car and throw my bag on the back seat.

'The end shows it in June and it's already October.' Nina says. 'But, go! I don't want to be late for school!' I sigh and start the car.

'I'm gonna be so happy when you have your own car,' I say.

'I'm sorry bro,' Nina laughs. 'But I'm still fifteen, not sixteen.' I shake my head and I drive out the street.

'You promise me to be save?' I ask when I stop before Nina's school.

'What would happen?' She laughs. 'Not that a serial killer will come to this school and be like; Hey, I don't like her, Let's kill her! No, that is not gonna happen.'

'Please never say that again,' I say. Nina grins.

'I won't, Zach.' She laughs. 'Have fun at school.'

'You too,' I say. Nina gives me her usual friendly smile and shuts the door behind her.

'Bye!' She waves at me and walks to the entrance of her school.

I sigh, start the car again and drive out the street. This is gonna be a lot of fun... I hate this.
From August 19 to October 24 I have not been at school. Why? Because I was home. I didn't wanted to go to school. Why not? Because I'm the victim. The victim of bullying.