Chapter 8: Not The Best Birthday...

We got to the store and the boys scanned the isles.

"Alex! Help us!" Aaron shouted. I walked over to them where they were trying to pick out pie. "Help us pick out some flavors. We izzzz dyingggg!!" Aaron exaggerated.

I looked through the varieties when my eyes landed on the pumpkin pie. I snatched it up and threw it into the basket.

"Ewe!! Pumpkin pie is gross!" Shawn said and put it back on the shelf. I grabbed it and put it back into the basket. Again we repeated this back and forth.

"Please Shawn please!!" I whined. He pit his hands on his hips like a girl.

He just shook his head. I frowned and grabbed his leg like a little kid.

"Pweese!!!!" I pouted.

He looked down at me and furrowed his eyes together. Then his eyes went wide.

"That... That face." He mumbled. "Oh my god."

"Shawn? What's wrong?" Trevor asked.

Seriously?! Shawn's taken back?! How does he think I felt when I had to come to this stupid convention thing?!

I narrowed my eyes and stormed towards the exit. Before I walked out the doors I flipped them off.

"You know who you are!" I shouted at then and walked out the doors.

If you haven't noticed... I'm not the same girl I was a year ago.

I've become stronger, self-confident, and well

feisty.

I made it half way down the block when I heard footsteps coming closer to me.

"Alex! Wait up!" It was Carter. I could tell.

"What do you want Carter?!" I asked angrily. I can't stand him. He was one of the meanest.

"I just want to talk." He said calmly.

Ha! Over my bloody scars!

I rolled my eyes and walked faster. He reached out and touched my arm. I quickly swung at him but he ducked before I could get a hit in.

"What's your problem?" He asked.

Oh, shits about to go down.

"My problem?! Says the guy who broke my arm!!!" I snapped at him.

"What are you talking about? I've never broken anyone arm." He lied.

Oh it's one thing to lie to me... but take that tone? Oh, it's on.

"Bullshit!" I screamed. "What happened to the locker?! Oh I'm sorry. Was that not you who called me a bitch? Oh and when you threw me to the ground because I wouldn't give you my homework? Please. What happened to me not being human... huh? You're dead to me. I ran away because of you guys. What happened when a 2 girls named Alex and Maya didn't show up for school? What did you think when they were found in Nebraska? Their mom died. Their father thrown in jail. You hurt me, and on top of that, I was being abused at home. So hell with you. You knew my name, not my story!" I yelled at him. He looked at me with confusion until the realization hit him.

I whipped around and started walking again.

Fuck him.

"Alex! I'm sorry!" He shouted after me.

"That's what everyone says." I said.

"Just give me a chance. I prom-" I cut him off.

"Oh wow. Really? You expect me to give you a chance? We were best friends. We did everything together. I loved you. You were my inspiration. Until all this. I tried so hard to be your friend again. But you blew me off." I scolded him. I had my back faced towels him so he couldn't see the emotion in my eyes. They were watery.