In the Eye of a Hurricane//Fluff?💙

John's POV

Warnings!!!: Panic Attack

Rain. The rain had started, the first of many storms to come. New York was going to be hit by a Category 3 hurricane, Maria. Lafayette, Hercules, Alexander and I decided to stay on campus and ride out the hurricane.

Alex had been freaking out all week, I've never seen him so stressed. I tried talking to him about it, he completely blew it off.

I had gotten to Alex and I's shared dorm, we had been let out of our classes early to stay safe from the storm. I went to unlock the door, but it was already unlocked. I had guessed Alex was home, which never happened. I became very concerned. 

I walked in on Alex, under his desk rocking back and forth repeating on what seemed an endless loop, 'I couldn't seem to die.' I closed the door and ran over to his side.

"Alex what's wrong." He looked up. I saw panic in his eyes, a panic I never thought I'd ever see. He said nothing, he only cried and rocked back and forth.

"Alex." I said warmly.

Lightning struck outside, a loud clash of thunder rang through the building. The power went out. Alex whimpered. I wrapped one arm around him.

"Shh. You're okay Alex. What's wrong?"

"I couldn't seem to die..." He whispered.

"Alex..."

"John, why do you care?" He said, fear and anger laced his voice.

"Because I care about you Alex." I whispered.

"Let me die. Please."

"No, Alexander."

"I'm going to die."

"Alex, I've got you, I'm not gonna let anything happen to you."

"I couldn't seem to die."

"Lexi..."

"I couldn't seem to die."

"Alex."

"I couldn't seem to die."

"Alexander!"

"John, go away, you don't understand. A hurricane destroyed my hometown. I've been terrified of storms ever since. I couldn't seem to die."

"Alexander! I'm not leaving your side"

"WHY DO YOU CARE JOHN?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU ALEX!" I covered my mouth. Both of our eyes widened, and both of our faces turned red.

I started to get up and leave when he grabbed my arm. He pulled me to the ground and kissed me.  It startled me, but I quickly melted into the kiss and kissed back. He pulled away first.

"John, please stay."

I pulled him closer to me, getting him out from under his desk then carrying him to my bed. I sat him down, then crawled in myself. He rested himself on my chest.

"I love you too John." He whispered. 

He held onto me for that entire week. Every time he'd start crying, I peppered his face in kisses. Once Laf and Herc walked in on that, it was a lot of fun explaining that to them. When the hurricane died out, it was official Alexander and I were boyfriends and I couldn't be happier.