Memories//Angst💔☠️

Third person POV

'He was the congregations vagrant. With an unrequited love...'

Alexander Hamilton was a man devoted to what he loved, writing. One problem, he was a penniless orphan. And another problem, his writing cost him his life at times. He was constantly sleep deprived, not eating or doing anything a person needs because he was writing.

'When your passions exhalation, than finding refuge is not enough...'

Alexander's writing came to him like breathing. He wrote non-stop. He didn't know where to draw the line...

'She was the youngest of the family, and the last to be let go....'

John Laurens on the other had, was creative, but sheltered by his family. His family was very bigoted. They wanted him to be a lawyer and straight. For him to have a beautiful wife and a large family.

When John turned out to be gay, his family denied it. Then they put him in conversion therapy. But that didn't take away the fact that John loved Alexander.

'They decided they would try and make it on their own...'

And try they did. John loved Alex. Alex loved John. Their relationship had flaws, like all relationships do, but they tried to work through them. Alexander wrote too much and to John, he sometimes ignored him. John had an obsession with turtles and would bring home any turtle he could. At time they had 50 turtles in their shared apartment.

'Oh memories! Where'd you go?'

Oh if only the good times could stay, if only.

'You were all I've ever known.'

If only that phrase was true.

'How I miss yesterday. And how'd I let it fade away.'

If one could only forget the past. Moving forward would be easier.

'Where'd you go?'

Where did John's Alexander go?

'When July became December, their affection fought the cold.'

The seasons quickly changed, but their feelings for each other did not, or on Laurens part it didn't.

'But they couldn't quite remember what inspired them to go.'

Alexander never took a break from writing. In the beginning, John didn't mind, Alex still made John his number one priority. Now it was writing, fighting with Thomas Jefferson or eye-ing up James Reynolds. That hurt John, a lot, though he'd never admit it.

'And it was beautifully depressing. Like a 'Street Car Named Desire' They were fighting for their love, it started growing tired.'

How John tried to keep them together. And how Alex was oblivious to it.

Oh memories! Where'd you go?'

Oh if only the good times could stay, if only.

'You were all I've ever known.'

If only that phrase was true.

'How I miss yesterday. And how'd I let it fade away.'

If one could only forget the past. Moving forward would be easier.

'Where'd you go?'

Where did John's Alexander go?

'Don't fade away...'

Don't let this be the end, John would plead every night.

'When the money lost momentum'

Alex started writing in the paper for money, his life stories made people buy it.

'And the bills were pilling high'

It wasn't enough.

'The smiles had finally faded from the apple of their eye.'

John grew more and more annoyed. Alexander became more and more stressed.

'They were young and independant'

Young people make mistakes. But Alex made one, no one easily forgives someone of.

'And they thought they had it planned...'

Forever. Alex had promised a forever full of love.

'Should've known right from the start, you can't predict the end...'

'The Reynolds Pamphlet.' It started.
'My biggest mistake in life was cheating on my boyfriend with Mr. James Reynolds...'

John had read enough. He ran to the house and kicked Alex out of the house. John was heartbroken.

Oh memories! Where'd you go?'

Oh if only the good times could stay, if only.

'You were all I've ever known.'

If only that phrase was true.

'How I miss yesterday. And how'd I let it fade away.'

If one could only forget the past. Moving forward would be easier.

'Where'd you go?'

Where did John's Alexander go?