Chapter 4

Laura's POV

After school I got Emma from her school and we drove home. When we got in the house, our dad was in the kitchen cooking.

"How are my little girls??" He said as Emma got herself a cookie and I got some orange juice.

"School was eh." I said. Emma ran up to her room to do her homework and I was about to go to my room when my dad stopped me.

"I know Laura." He says turning the pot of pasta off.

"I don't understand what you are talking about dad." I say trying to play dumb.

"I know your street fighting L." He says turning around to look at me.

"It's the only thing I can do to help you pay everything." I say trying to defend myself.

"Well you can stop I got a job." He says which surprised me

"Doing what exactly??" I say suspicious knowing my mom used to be in the "business"

"The same thing your mom used to do." He says shamefully. He looks up at me to see my reaction, but I can't look at him.  I walk up to my room and slam my door. I start putting on my fighting clothes, even though my dad is going to be drug dealing like my mom used to do. I still want to fight. It's a passion of mine and I'm not going to stop because my dad just got a job. I grab my keys from the hook in front of the door and hop into my Jeep.

"How are you doing baby." I say to the car. As I turn the car on it purrs to life. I start driving to the bar listening to my music.

~Next Day~

I wake up to the annoying noise of my alarm clock. I decided to kill my nerdy girl act because I was tired of people thinking they can keep bullying me. I go into my closet and pull out black ripped jean shorts and a white long sleeve shirt. I slick my hair into a ponytail. I put on my Adidas superstars and put on my sunglass. I grab my bag and walk downstairs, and into the kitchen.

"Hey banana. Dad." I say grabbing an apple and my water bottle.

"Have a good day at school sweetie. Come on Emma." My dad says getting in his car.

I walk out to my jeep and connect my phone to my aux cord I put on Rockabye by Clean Bandit. When I pull into school everyone looks my way.

"Let's fuck this place up." I say to myself. I put on my leather jacket and get out my car. I walk down the halls to my locker.

"Is she new??"

"She has a nice body."

"Yoooo bro she's hot."

I get to my locker and hang my jacket on my hook and take my sunglasses off. I grab my books and close my locker and turn around to be met with Charlotte.

"Oh so nerdy thinks that if she dresses different, she'll be treated different." She says her "entourage" behind her. She goes to slap me but I grab her wrist and twist.

"Just because I acted like a nerd before. Doesn't mean you don't know how I truly am." I say through gritted teeth. I push her hand away and push past her and her friends. I turn the corner to bump into Noah. I roll my eyes and try to walk past him, but he pulls me back towards him.

"So Charlotte came running for me saying you twisted her wrist. Also you never answered me about joining me and my friends band." He says, pushing me to the lockers.

"I guess I can think about joining your little band. And yes I twisted your so-called girlfriends wrist." I say to him. I push him and start walking to class, however he follows me.

"You know I like this badass chick side to you. Why have you been hiding it??" He ask.

"Wow you truly sound genuine." I say turning around to look at him. He looks around the hallway and pulls me into a closet.  And that's when he dropped the bomb on me. 

"I know your Pistol."