Chapter 18

Laura's POV
      It was a few hours after Emma left and she had texted me she was on her way back. I knew we both just needed time to take a breather, both of us with short tempers. I had just been relaxing in my bra and underwear on mine and Noah's bed, in the cool ac. Hearing the front door open and close I got up to put on some clothes. I grabbed a grey halter top and some green cargo pants, topping them with black stiletto boots.

I heard another door open then close knowing it was Emma's room

I heard another door open then close knowing it was Emma's room. Then she turns on her music. I put on a pair of earrings then some makeup. I left mine and Noah's room, grabbing my Louie handbag.

"Emma let's go." I say walking past her room, down the stairs. Her music gets cut off, as she leaves the room.

"I'm sorry LaLa. I didn't mean to tell you how to be a parent." She says running towards me, throwing her arms around my waist.

"It's ok banana." I say stroking her hair.

"Come on." I say before walking out the door to my car. Emma jumps into the passenger seat, as I start the car. She plugs her phone into the aux cord putting a playlist called "LaLa's Songs".

"Awwwwww." I say as she chuckles.
-Time Skip loves-

We had just pulled up into a parking space where we see a bunch of girls, in red and yellow outfits and uniforms.

"I'm nervous LaLa." Emma says truthfully.

"Don't worry, you have been doing gymnastics since you were 6." I say squeezing her hand. We get out the car and start walking towards the building. The group of girls stand right in front of us.

"Only new comers are allowed to go in right now." A girl says in a thick spanish accent.

"Camila son estadounidenses, necesitas hablar más lento para ellos." (Camila they are Americans, you need to talk slower for them.) Another girl says. The group of girls start laughing, what they didn't know was me and Emma were both fluent in spanish. If your wondering our grandma that Emma stays with is our mom's mother. She is a immigrant from Spain.

"O puedes cerrar la puta boca." (Or you could just shut the fuck up.)Emma says shocking the group of girls.

"A girl who has sass, and know spanish. Welcome." The girl who name is Camila says.

"My name is Emma. Emma Summers." Emma says sticking out her hand.
"Camila López." Camila says shaking Emma's hand.

"Like your hair." Emma says.

"Like your outfit chica." Camila says.

"Come on." She adds leading the group, Emma next to her, the other girls following.

"Oh hello Mrs.Moore." The coach says walking up to me.

"Hi Coach Flores. How are you?" I ask the coach. She was the one that I contacted to see if Emma can try out.

"You can come in and watch the tryouts, all new member's parents are watching." She says leading me into their US gym. They are a cheer in Spain, but when competitions come around in the US, they have their own gym. Coach Flores starts walking over to the girls as I sit in the back of the bleachers.

"Alright girls pin your numbers to your top, so we can get started." Coach Flores says as the new girls and veterans come out. The veterans stand near the coach as the new girls get onto the mat. I see Emma with the number 03 on her shirt.

"Alright newbies, we are going to start with tricks and splits. Your going to go one at a time and we will grade you." Camila, the captain says.

"I'm Violet, I'm on of the co-captains. 01, kart wheel, split toe-touch, pike, round-off. Go." Violet who I notice is the girl who said Camila needed to speak slower for us. The first girl goes but messes up on the pike.

"02. Toe-touch, pike, round-off, kart wheel split. Go." She says to the next girl. Number 2 does great, but then it's Emma's turn. 03. Spread eagle, double toe-touch, herkie, split, pike. Go." She says smirking at Emma.

Emma's POV

I rolled my eyes and did the tricks with no problem. She narrows her eyes at me then says.

"Ariel, round-off, double toe, pike, herkie, double nine."

"Ok." I say and do them all, with no complications. The whole team is wide-mouthed even the captains, well except Violet.

"Next!" She growls out. I laugh and get off the mat. After the rest of the girls they teach us stunts, me being a flyer. I am able to do an arrow and heel stretch while in the air. Then the dance.

"Alright try and keep up." Camila says.

"As if they can." Violet says. I roll my eyes? As the music starts.

(Yes, I used a scene from bring it on don't judge me/Emma is the flyer in the middle at the end/can't really pinpoint her through the rest.)
I hit my high-v as the music cuts off, with a smile on my face.

"Alright bring them down. Great job girls!! I will call your numbers, if your number gets called come get your pom-poms. 91, 34, 06, 02............. and last but not least 03." The coach says. When she calls my name me and LaLa both start screaming like crazy, I run towards her and we jump up and down.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much CoachFlores. I won't disappoint." I say as we leave.

"You leave in a few days. On your birthday." Laura says as we get into her car.

"I know, I'm excited but also upset." I say strapping my seat belt.

"Well let's go clothes shopping, 1) for your birthday and 2) the part of Spain grandma lives in is always sunny and hot." Laura explains going onto the highway.

"Ok." I say nodding my head to the music. Laura gets back onto a regular street when we see her.......