Chapter 1

I rolled onto my side, my sad playlist blurring from my MacBook. Running a hand through my pale pink hair, I gave a long sigh. The clock chimed 12 o'clock. Okay, now I have to get up, I thought.

Shutting the lid of my MacBook, I dragged myself out of bed and shuffled across the cold floor. Only wearing my ripped Blink 182 shirt and my underwear, I grimaced at myself in the mirror. With a feeble pull of my bathroom door, I went to have a shower.

When I got out, I dried my hair and picked some clothes out of my closet. Deciding with my Nirvana tee, checked shirt and ripped jeans, I got dressed then did my make-up. It wasn't long before I had to go to work, so I grabbed my torn backpack and struggled on my converse.

Within five minutes I was out the door and in my car, on the way to the studio. My position there was recording and soundcheck. Today we have a new band that we're going to be working with for a while, while they start to get bigger. I tapped at my steering wheel in a rhythmic tune and slid my Nirvana track into the tape deck. My car was quite old, but it was certainly reliable. I listened to a few songs, drumming a long as I drove the ten minute drive.

Once I got there, I grabbed my backpack from the seat besides me and got out my car, locking it behind me. On my way in, I showed my badge to the receptionist, as I was late, and jogged towards the room. With a small smile, I nodded towards the rest of the crew, who were chatting to the band, and I got in my place in the small room.

I threw my backpack under the deck and tied my checked shirt around my waist, before switching things on the recording desk to the right place and checking things over. I heard a tap at the door, and turned, expecting to see Steve, the second soundcheck dude. But instead, I met the pale green eyes of a messy-haired boy.

"I'm in the band." He clarified, with a smirk, as I raised an eyebrow. Nodding, he stepped closer.

"Can I help you?" I spun towards him in my stool, and he leant against the wall.

"Noticed your Nirvana shirt." He gave me a side smile and I looked down at myself.

"Oh, yeah, they're my favourite band." I grinned back. He nodded, and I asked his name.

"Michael, you?"

"Lilac. Cool hair by the way."

"I could say the same for you." Michael replied with a ruffle of his black hair. It had a blue streak in the fringe, and I thought it suited him. Steve and the other guy, Ryan, or whatever, came in now and signalled for Michael to get in his place. He gave me a slight wave before walking out and taking his position with his guitar. We checked the sound and stuff, then they began to play their song.

I had a pair of headphones hanging around my neck as I fiddled with some buttons to increase pitch, etc. Glancing up, I noticed Michaels eyes on me as he sang into his mic, strumming at his guitar. When our eyes met, he gave me a smirk, and I smiled back. Steve gave me a nudge, and I looked back down with a frown, slightly glancing here and there up to see him still looking at me. Once the song finished, we all clapped and congratulated the well done song.

Ryan went out to help with the guys putting away instruments, and I felt Steve standing besides me. He touched my cheek with his thumb, and I tried to ignore him. "How are you, princess?" Steve whispered, causing me to shudder.

"Just stop." I sighed and looked down, feeling his grip on my arm, which kind of hurt.

"What was that?" He spat, gripping my arm. I tried to rip my arm from his grip, but he wouldn't budge. I looked up and saw Michael staring right at him, a kind of angry look set in his eyes. I felt pathetic, really. I mean, my boss treated me like this and I was too much of a whimp to do anything about it. His eyes met mine again and I had to look away, muttering at Steve to give it a rest again.