Taking Action

"Petra, are you sure the woods are the best place to start the search?" Olivia asked as we entered the maze of trees.
           "I mean, somewhere in the woods is where everyone thought Jesse was when she disappeared, and we were right, Lukas most likely went off into the woods too," I explained, looking around for a direction that looked trusting, "This way," I said.
            "But that way isn't on the trail," Olivia pointed out.
            "Exactly."
            Jesse, Axel, and Olivia began to follow me as I walked out, making turns are random corners and going deeper and deeper into the woods. The truth is, after a while, I began to realize that we were lost, and I mean, I had no idea which way Beacontown was, and I wasn't able to retrace our footsteps. I was too embarrassed to admit it though. I just continued to walk, stopping at every cave to check and see what's inside.
         "Hey!!" Axel called, "There's a torch inside this cave!"
          Everyone came running over adventure inside. We began walking in, with caution. More and more torches lighted up the cave. Finally, we reached a dead end. We saw a bed with a crafting table next to it and a furnace next to the crafting table along with a chest at the foot of the bed.
          "It's definitely abandoned," Olivia thought.
          "But why would they leave their torches?" I questioned.
         "They probably had more," Axel suggested.
          Jesse walked towards the chest, opening it up, she pulled out a note.

  Help
-Lukas