Crystal Blue Eyes

Hey, welcome to my first fanfic! so I am making this on my phone so it might look a little sloppy lol. sorry if I get any info wrong, just leave a comment about it I don't care. Thank you for reading my story. I'll stop talking and get to the story. good luck!

(Mercy's POV)
I could hear their footsteps from behind the door. My mother was cradling me in her arms and my father was by the door with a bat.

Screams from beyond the room echoed through, causing me to whimper in fear and tightly squeeze my mother. I dug my face into her neck as the person tried to break down the door.

I was taken by surprise by the sound of splintering wood, followed by my Mother standing up at trying to run. She seemed to be stopped by an unknown force. She put me down and yelled at me.

"Angela, go!"
I woke up jumping from my bed and a scream escaping my lips. Beads of sweat were threatening to trickle down, along with my tears. I had 'the nightmare' again.

I haven't spent a night without it haunting me since the night it happened, yet I still always wake up in a puddle of sweat trembling at the event. I held myself in my arms when I heard a worried bang on the door.

"Angela, are you alright?" I knew the slightly mechanical voice from the second I heard him speak. a smile crept on my face when I realized I was safe now.

"Yes, Genji, I'm ok." I could almost feel the relief that overcame him through the thick metal doors.

"Good. I thought you were in trouble or something so I immediately rushed over here," He answered me. That's when I realized his room was across the building. he must run fast.

I knew I wouldn't be getting any more sleep that night so I just hopped out of bed and told Athena to let him in. The doors swung open, revealing the dear cyborg friend. He nodded as I gestured for him to come in and took a step forward.

"Genji, you know I wake up screaming every night, but you still come every time. Tell me, why is that?" I asked as I rushed around to make him and I a cup of hot chocolate in my cramped kitchen.

He sat down on a stool in the kitchen and I handed him his cup before he finally spoke again. "You can never be too sure."

(Genji's POV)
Angela looked up from her steaming cup and her crouched position over the counter, the only thing separating us, and gave me a genuine smile.

Her crystal blue eyes sparkled over the light coming from the bulb above her. her hair was up in a messy ponytail, but not overly messy, the kind of messy that reflects her personality and makes her that much more beautiful. God, she was stunning. I just wanted to lean over and kiss her then and there, but I knew better.

She looked back down and picked up her mug, taking a cautious sip, to keep her from burning her tongue.

"So, I assume you won't be telling me about the dream tonight, either." Her face quickly turned from gleaming with joy to stone cold fear. She put down her mug and looked away from me. Damn, I shouldn't have said that.

"No, not tonight. It's just too hard. I - I just can't."

She was full of fear and frustration. Whatever this nightmare was she had to live through every night, it was breaking her. It chips away at her whenever she relives it. Soon, there will be nothing to chip away at. I couldn't imagine how bad it was for the fearless 'Mercy' to freeze in the thought of it like a deer in headlights.

I stood up and walked over to her. She didn't notice I moved until she looked at me with those blue eyes. I grabbed her and hugged her close, letting her soft whimpers and tears run down as she rested her head onto my metallic shoulder, allowing me to twirl her blonde hair in my fingers.

"Ssshhhhh, it's going to be alright. Nothing can hurt you now that I'm here. I'll keep you safe. I'm sorry for bringing it up."

Eventually, her cries began to slow down. I shifted my head to look at her, she was almost asleep. I scooped her up in my arms bridal-style and started to walk her to her bed. Her heavy head turned to look up at me with drowsy eyes.

I gently placed her in her bed and covered her with her blanket. She almost immediately fell asleep. I turned out the lights and looked back at her one more time. "Good night, my angel." I walked away and closed the doors behind me.

So, how'd you like my first chapter?! I'm guessing bot many people put author's notes in the beginning and end but it's my first time so don't judge. how do y'all think of my interpretation of Genji and Mercy? I know they seem a little flat but I'll develop them more as time goes on. Alright, see you in the next chapter! ❤️