You Haven't Changed A Thing

Okay I have been home by myself for 24 hours and I am very bored so I'm going to start this chapter very early. Also I don't want to forget the plot. Again, you don't have to read the bolded chapter. ok bye.

(Reaper's POV)
I was almost out, only having to kill a dozen or so unimportant soldiers.

That's when I heard screaming, thuds and yelling. The word that made my blood boil. The name 'Jack' echoed through the halls. People started to talk, doors opened, footsteps, screams and orders. I sighed, realizing I could not escape now.

I turned around, changing into my wraith and sneaking past the upcoming crowds. The screaming was getting louder and louder as I passed through the halls. I saw many familiar faces. Winston, Fareeha, Ana, Jesse, Mei, Reinhardt, I knew all of them, and seeing all of them just changed me.

I thought I wanted to kill all of them and watch them go through the pain and suffering just like me, but they didn't deserve that. They didn't deserve to die.

I nearly turned into my solid form when I came across Angela. Her hair was messy, as if she was going through great stress and trauma. Her beautiful blue eyes were troubled. Her clothes were stained with blood. I knew what this was.

I followed her into the operation room. Genji was sitting there trying to calm Angela down, holding her by the shoulders and telling her to breath.

"Angela, look at me. You need to calm yourself. Ready, 1... 2... 3... breathe... 1... 2... 3... breathe." She repeated his words in mumbles as she looked around, trying to find something to help.

"I need to help Jack. There is no time to calm down when Jack needs me." I followed the two into the operating room where Jack was. He was laying on the table, blood everywhere, completely passed out.

I felt terrible. If I knew it would cause her any trouble, I would have never imagined to do it, in fact, I would protect Jack if it kept her happy.
I got out of the operating room and hid in her office, waiting for her arrival.

(Genji's POV)
Angela spent all night in there. She held Jack's hand tightly, ready for him to wake up. I decided to leave her alone, give her some space. I don't think she has slept in over 24 hours.

After what Jack told her, I think she wants to talk. In all honesty, I have loved her since the day she saved me.

I quickly ran in to give her something to eat. If she's not going to sleep, she'll at least eat. I handed her a plate with two pieces of buttered toast. She looked up at me with tired eyes and nodded, taking the plate and placing it on the nightstand.

I turned around, ready to leave without a word when Jack's fingers wiggled in Angela's grasp. She leaned in, looking into his eyes and moving his hair out of his face. I watched from behind at her relieved laugh and the whisper of one tired soldier.

"Why hello, my guardian angel." She embraced him in a deep hug.

"My god, I thought you were dead."

"Let's not dwell on the past, darling." I smiled and continued to walk out the door, looking one last time. "I will always love you."

(Mercy's POV)
He... he was awake! I couldn't believe it! Jack was awake! I broke into tears thinking about what I would do if he never woke up. I hugged him tightly, trying hard not to hurt him. Choking over my cries, I somehow got out a few simple words.

"My god, I thought you were dead!" He placed his hand weakly on my cheek, wiping away a tear with his rough hands and looked deeply into my eyes.

"Let's not dwell on the past, darling." That's when I looked up and realized Genji was gone.

"Whe... where did he go?" Jack had a little gleam in his eyes from his name that said 'That guy, really?'

He looked away from me and down to his side.

"Well, lookey there. Years taking shots and giving too, and one tiny little bullet finally hit me and bam" He lifted his fingers and snapped. "My life, almost over."

I gave him a plastic smile and fake laugh and looked down at my twiddling fingers.

"I guess life can be... unpredictable."

He extended his hand into my lap, on top of my two nervous hands.
"Sometimes, I wish it wasn't. Sometimes, I wish I just knew the future before it happens so I know whether or not to go through the struggle." He just looked away, keeping his hand on mine.

I think I knew what he was talking about, but didn't want to say it there. Right before I watched him fall to the ground in a puddle of blood, he told me he loved me.

Thinking about his words hurt my head. He fell asleep pretty quickly after his speech. I still couldn't move because of his hands, but that didn't bother me. I needed time to think, but I wanted to go to my office.

Carefully, I lifted his hand, letting it rest on one as I move the chair back to its spot in the corner. I saw his breathing speed up, meaning either he was having a bad dream or was waking up. I lifted his hand very carefully and placed it on the bed. I combed his hair back with my fingers again and kissed his forehead. "I'll be back, Jack Morrison."

I was walking through the halls, yawning and stretching trying to remember the last time I slept. I opened the door and felt for the light switch.

I squinted from the sudden brightness of the room as my eyes slowly adjusted. I opened my eyes to a man standing in front of me, holding a photo from my desk in his hands. "Hello, Angela. I see you haven't changed a thing."

Ok so I promised myself I'd only write some of this chapter tonight but that didn't work out. I don't feel very strong about this chapter, probably my worst yet, but I was watching two out of the three Baudelaire children nearly fall off of a cliff soooo yeah byyeeeeeee <3