Behind the Mask

Hey everybody! I'm bored, it's like 12 am, and I just spent a few hours playing Overwatch! In other words, it's time for me to write. I know I upload a lot, but I probably won't. knowing me, I'm most likely going to upload less and less until I just stop writing so yeah, enjoy it while it lasts. Let's get writing now, shall we.

(Reaper's POV)
Wait, what did she just say? She's... she's sorry? For what? Creating 'The Beast' as I've been called? I just stared at her in utter confusion, good thing I had the mask on. She looked down with her arms crossed loosely. Instead of sitting in awkward silence, I decided to speak to calm my nerves.

"Did you just call me 'Gabriel'?" she looked up from the ground and peered at me right in the eyes, straight through the mask.

"I know it's you. I know you're still there. Gabriel, I know you're still good," I looked away from the angel in front of me. She gave me this feeling I haven't felt in a long time. A feeling that someone still cared for me.

I couldn't. I couldn't let them. She shouldn't care for me, after all I've done, I had to live my life out alone. Having no one to care for means you don't get hurt when they leave you.

(Mercy's POV)
I didn't know what to do. He was standing right there. I could have reached out and embraced him in my arms if it wasn't for the thick glass.

After a long period of silence, he looked up. I felt the negativity fill the air. One thing I know about Gabriel was he didn't let in any emotion, besides anger.

"How do you know. How do you know there's 'still Gabriel' in me, huh?" I stepped back from his sudden outburst.

"Don't pretend to be my friend, all you want is answers, right? Just like your pretty boyfriend Commander Morrison out there guarding the door," He slammed his fist on the glass after saying Jack's name,

"You're working with him, aren't you? Yeah, yeah drop the act you, you..." He sighed and stopped there, as if he didn't have it in him to continue. His hand fell to his side as he turned around, trying not to look at me.

I was appalled by his words. He didn't think I really cared about him? Well, After finding out he didn't trust me, I didn't even know.

"Yeah, your right. I guess you aren't the Gabriel I knew, because he sure as hell would never talk to me like that." He looked up at me and tried to speak. His voice was devastating.

"Angela, I..." Before He could finish, I turned around and walked out the door. Jack looked over at me when the door closed, confused.

"You alright, Angie?" I didn't stop to talk to him either. He grabbed my arm to try to stop me, because I was nearly running.

"Angela?" I didn't even bother looking at him. I just tore my arm away and ran off to hide in my room for the rest of the day.

(Soldier 76's POV)
I watched as she ran from me. What the hell did he do? I opened the two doors and ran inside, punching the glass with both of my fists. "What... did... you... do to her?!" he responded by slamming the glass where one fist was with his own.

"Nothing that you need to worry about."

"I sure as hell will worry about it." He pulled his hand back off the glass and took a few steps back.

"Oh, I see what's going on." He laughed maniacally and crossed his arms, leaving me dumbfounded.

"You've fallen for the 'angel', haven't you?"

my cheeks started to burn. He then laughed even more.

"Surely, you know you don't stand a chance, right? You might think, 'Oh, soon she'll just confess and we'll live together forever' but in the back of your mind, you know."

he turned around and slowly walked to the wall now in front of him, making three 'tsk' noises.

"You've fallen head over heals, and that's going to get you killed. You're going to try to save her, but you are just going to die instead. Then, you will leave her, sad because she lost a friend. not the love of her life, but a mere friend. Wow, how pitiful."

I didn't even bother to comment on his last remark. "You know nothing about me! Stop trying to piece together my life!" He then turned to me.

"Oh, that's where your wrong. I know everything about you, Jack." The way he said it, It was just way too familiar. I looked up at him, realizing what it was. how he acted, how he talked, even how he stood. He was Gabriel.

(Unknown POV)
God, where was he? He has been missing for a day now. The big guy was going to be mad. He needed that mission report.

I ran out from my room the second I heard boss man needed me. The doors slid open into his conference room. "What is it, sir?"

When he realized I was in the room he stood up and began to talk. "I have a special mission for you. I would give it to him, but he was unable to proceed with the task." He then passed me a picture of a person I recognized.

"Bring them back to me. Dead, or alive."

ok, ok, ok. I know everyone got to speak in this paragraph except for Genji. I know Genji doesn't seem very important in the story right now, but you wait. also, I wanted to save Soldier 76's part for next chapter, but I was short by like 200 words sooo... ok, I'm gonna post this chapter and yeah. byeeeeeee <3