Chapter 6: "You deserve better."

Blake sat with Solar, his back leaning against the metal walk while Solar sat beside him, she looked up at him with a nervous gleam in her eyes and Blake sighed pulling her in for a hug, trying to comfort her. "You'll be okay." Blake whispered into her ear and she nodded shifting in the seat. "I've got your back remember?" Blake asked.

"I know." She whispered. "I'm just scared, we'll be in the arena soon and then there will be nothing we can do." Solar muttered and Blake nodded understandingly, he knew how she was feeling. Not long passed until Solar was called in, immediately after she left the room Blake walked in grabbing the scythe. Blake bowed for them plastering a charming smile on his lips.

"Blake Everrett, district 5, it really is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Blake smoothly spoke drawing the Gamemakers and sponsors attention to him, they all paused looking at him, some of their eyes gazed too closely at him, others watched him in a wondering manner. He found the Gamemakers eyes on him, especially cold trying to see through him, Blake stalked forward swinging the scythe around, drawing in a deep breath Blake and he then ran forward slicing the head off of the dummy before ducking down and slicing the torso of another dummy and he then twirled around slicing another dummy and he then hurled he scythe as it became imbedded in the dummy furthers on his left. Blake then finished and walked up to them with a small smirk on his lips and he bowed for them watching as some of them clapped for him. "It was a pleasure." Blake nodded to them before strutting out with a satisfied smile on his lips.

When he got back to the room he went and took a shower and he then changed out of his clothes, as he was in the shower he leaned his hands on the wall as his head hung low under the water. He tried to think about the many outcomes of the games, and in which case, he wouldn't make it out alive, he knew he wouldn't have been first to die but he didn't think he could win, and even if he did he didn't want to. He wouldn't be the same him when he got out. Making his way outside fully clothed he sat down beside Solar and Bolt. "Has it started yet?" Blake asked them.

"No, it hasn't. We're just getting to the good stuff." Bolt called out as Vina went and sat down handing Blake a glass of wine. "Why thank you."

"You are quite welcome, I always love when you are polite." Vina exclaimed excitedly as Caesar Flickerman appeared on the screen and all their eyes glued to the screen anxious to hear what they were rated as well as the other tributes.

"As you know, the tributes were rated on a scale of 1 to 12 after three days of careful evaluation. The gamekeepers would like to acknowledge that it was an exceptional group of people that represent the district this year. From district 1, Augustus, with a score of 11. From District 2, Garrison, with a score of 10. From district 3, Gamma, with a score of 7. From district 4, Rush, with a score of 10. From district 5, Blake, with a score of 10. From district 6, Aero, with a score of 7. From district 7, Grove, with a score of 9. From district 8, Twyla, with a score of 8. From district 9, Miller, with a score of 4. From district 10, Butch, with a score of 11. From district 11, Till, with a score of 7. From district 12, Flint, with a score of 9. From District 1, Amethyst with a score of 9. From District 2, Alexis, with a score of 11. From district 3, Mega, with a score of 8. From district 4, Siren, with a score of 8. From district 5, Solar, with a score of 5. From district 6, Night, with a score of 6. From district 7, Ivy, with a score of 8. From district 8, Kelsi, with a score of 6. From district 9, Rye, with a score of 7. From district 10, Viscera, with a score of 3. From district 11, Soya, with a score of 6. From district 12, Terra, with a score of 5."

Blake let out a sigh as he leaned back in his seat and he glanced to his side looking to Bolt who was smiling with satisfaction and he turned nodding at Blake. "You did good, both of you. And you chose your partners pretty good as well, they'll probably rake in a lot of sponsors." Bolt shared shrugging his shoulders as he pushed himself up and they all walked over to the table where their food was.