Chapter 14: "We survive and everyone else dies."

After the long walk Edison made his way into the Victors Village and his eyes gazed across to the lights, he saw the lights out on the Morphlings houses, they never left their house and from what he heard they were in no position to either. His eyes then landed on Blake Everett's house. The man was a legend. The way he won his games, to his romance with Siren to his dedication to his daughter to his golden boy persona and ability to survive, Edison always wanted to meet the man. Him, Haymitch Abernathy and Finnick Odair were Edison's idols. He would have loved to meet them one day. But he knew he wouldn't.

His eyes then landed on Sawyer's home and he climbed up the side to Sawyer's home and knocked on her window having scaled the building and she opened it tiredly looking at him. Her eyes lit up with surprise all the drowsiness having quickly faded as she moved away from the window letting him in and he climbed in smiling in her direction.

"What are you doing here? If my dad finds you he will actually kill you." Sawyer pointed out as she went to sit on her bed and Edison leaned against her desk looking at her nervously. She always made him nervous like this.

"Um Electra she told me to come over here." At those words Sawyer felt her heart begin to race. Electra may not have been good at a lot of things but she was extraordinary at mind games. "And um...well I wanted to tell you that I love you. Like I think I do. And if you don't like love me back it's fine but I really like you. I have for a long time now and I get I'm just like a brother to you but it would really suck if you didn't like me back." Edison ranted while Sawyer stood up walking over to him, her hands gripped his face softly pulling him in for a slow and tender kiss cutting Edison off. He leaned into the kiss as Sawyer deepened the kiss pulling him over to her bed and she straddled him smiling down at him as they pulled away.

"I really like love you too. Electra is annoyingly correct." Sawyer laughed leaning down and kissing him again.

"Are you sure?" Edison asked nervously, his eyes peering at her with a nervous longing. He looked as if he would break if Sawyer said she didn't. A smile broke out onto her face as she kissed him again.

"Yes, you've been in my life for such a long time. I don't know what I'd do without you." Sawyer leaned down kissing him again, his hands moved up her body pulling her closer to him. He then laid down his eyes just watching Sawyer, nothing more, nothing less. He didn't let her go the whole night. When the morning came Edison stirred looking over to a sleeping Sawyer and he leaned in kissing her neck. Sawyer smiled looking back at him and she turned leaning her forehead against his. "You should go before my parents find you." Sawyer shared. "I'll see you at the reaping."

"Yeah." Edison whispered, this was the day of the reaping. He leaned in kissing her again before he jumped out of the building and he looked up feeling someone's gaze on him. He looked up seeing Blake Everrett watching him with folded arms, his cold blue eyes were watching him before he turned walking back into his house. Edison cleared his throat and he ran towards his house. Sawyer made her way down the stairs already dressed and too nervous to eat, she quickly left the room before her father and mother had a chance to talk with her, as she left she saw Blake sitting outside with a cigarette and a bottle of whiskey. Classic Blake. She walked over to him sitting down beside him.

"You okay?" She asked.

"You're so much like your father." Blake scoffed while Sawyer looked to him confused as to how she could have been like her father. She didn't have nightmares that kept him from functioning. She didn't act violently when someone touched her in her sleep or made the smallest of noises that wasn't in his line of sight. She wasn't scared of the world like he was. She didn't understand how she could have been anything like him. "Always wondering if I'm okay, always there for me as if I'm going to break." He almost sneered and then Sawyer understood it.