Chapter 19:"24 go in and 1 comes out. No more no less, no exceptions."

As it lead into the tenth day Ash was standing outside of the Cornucopia he was looking around for some bandages to replace Electra's. He walked back inside replacing them for her and she smiled up at him thankfully. "How long until they find us? How long do you think it'll be?" Electra asked, her voice was light as if she was barely holding on. The wounds had been deeper than they both expected and he wasn't sure was it was but Ash suspected that the axe she'd been hit with was laced with a poison. She had a few days on her left before she'd die and he really didn't want it to be like this.

"Look, you're gonna be okay, we'll make it through this. Just deep breaths, drink water and I'll need you to muster up all of the strength you have left if it comes down to a fight, okay? Can you do that for me?" Ash asked placing his hands on her face getting her to look at him, Electra met his gaze nodding her eyes welling with tears, she was afraid of dying. In the end she was like anyone else, she would plead and cry for her life if she could.

Edison and Topaz approached the Cornucopia and a grin spread to Topaz's face as she looked over at Edison hitting his arm with excitement. "I can't believe we made it, Styx should be here soon." Topaz squealed with excitement, there was only five of them left. She then ran towards the Cornucopia with Edison following closely behind her, as they got in he walked into the Cornucopia looking for people as Topaz was looking for water, he walked in seeing Ash from twelve kissing Electra, his heart swelled with pain for what he knew he had to do. He gripped the machete stepping forward right as Ash's lips met Electra's, her heart fluttered with happiness as Edison stabbed him through the chest, Ash didn't scream he didn't do anything besides look down at the machete poking through his chest and he then looked to Electra with a soft smile while Electra jumped back her eyes wide and her heart swelled with pain as her voice caught in her throat, her eyes welled with tears as she saw Edison standing behind him, he looked sick to his stomach, his eyes red with tears.

As Ash dropped to the ground Electra stood up gripping her sword, her eyes glimmering with betrayal. "Why did you do that?" Electra demanded to know.

"It's the hunger games. 24 go in and 1 comes out. No more no less, no exceptions." Edison's voice wavered as his heart swelled with guilt. Electra inched closer to him nodding pulling him into a tight hug, the rage that swirled in her stomach could be forgotten for a moment, she wanted to kill him, to kill the careers but she didn't want him to stay dead.

"Hey Edison!" Topaz called out with a grin before seeing Edison and Electra hugging, she threw her knife forward hitting Edison in the arm and he winced stumbling in pain. "Now we're talking." She grinned charging forward she leapt forward her feet planting on Electra's chest sending her back to the ground and Topaz quickly got up and swung her sword down violently on Electra whose sword shot up blocking her from attacking, Topaz pushed all of her weight onto the sword and Electra grit her teeth as she felt the cold metal of the sword drawing blood on her cheek. Electra then quickly swung her whole body and sword to the side kicking Topaz off of her, the sword sliced her cheek open and Electra drew in a deep breath.

Topaz charged forward swinging her sword forward and Electra blocked her sword kicking her in the stomach sending Topaz stumbling and Electra swung her sword to the side of Topaz she blocked it grabbing Electra's hair and she tugged her forward but Electra tackled her to the ground stumbling in the sand. Electra then fumbled for the sword but Topaz pulled her away straddling her, punching Electra over and over again, Topaz leaned down her hand brushing over Electra's bleeding cheek. "You're actually really pretty. I'm tempted to give you a kiss but I'll settle with killing you." Topaz chuckled lifting her sword up and she went to stab Electra but Edison stabbed Electra's sword through Topaz's mouth letting her bleed out on Electra. A canon shot off and Electra looked up at Edison nodding at him pushing Topaz off of her. She heavily breathed holding onto Edison. Edison then looked behind him to see Styx standing there.