The picnic

Laney's POV

I stared at the sight. All my.. Well.. OUR favourite foods, snacks, boom box... Vase with flowers.. It was beautiful. "Well well... Someone looks nice today." I heard a voice say. I smiled and turned to see Larry there with my favourite flower in his hand. A rose.

Roses are beautiful... But have thorns that are tough. Kinda like me. Larry knew my favourite flower... And he's always been sweet for that. WAIT. Snap out of it, Laney! He's talking!

"... Do you like it?" He asked. I smiled nervously. "Yeah, I love you! IT! I love IT!" I said quickly, blushing. I'd never been on a date before... and I was totally nervous... Larry chuckled. "That's good. Let's go sit down." He smiled and put the rose behind my ear. Oh! And this time he remembered to remove the thorns!

When we were 9, he gave me a rose and put it on my ear.. Thorns and all... Eh.. Not my best day with larry.

We sat down at the picnic table and we both kinda blushed. "I hope this wasn't too much--" he started.

"No no, your perfect. IT'S perfect.. Sorry."

"Your not used to this kinda stuff are you?"

"No.. Yes! Maybe?" I facepalmed. Larry chuckled. "Well.. Treat this like one of our meetings. Just.. Regular talking." He started. I nodded. "R-Right." He poured me some grape juice and himself some. "So.. Let's start with this Celest girl. Any word on her?" He asked. I hesitated. "Well.. Kin said Corey did answer his text earlier.. He thinks celest may have... Confiscated his phone until they were done being all mushy and lovey." I said and rolled my eyes. "Classic Corey, eh?" Larry chucked. I giggled and nodded. "Yeah.. I'm thinking of possibly.. Leaving..." I started. "Leaving? Like.. Town?!" He asked worried. "No no no! I mean.. Leaving grojband." I explained calmly. "Ooohh.... WAIT WHAT?!" He almost fell out of his seat.

"Shh! I said THINKING! As in... THINKING ABOUT IT!" I shushed. Larry coughed. "Ah.. Right, right. If you do.. What then?" He raised a brow. "If it's okay with you guys.. I could join the Newmans?" I said questioning. Larry's eyes lit up. "That would be awesome! Though.. Facing your band at duels would be extremely awkward.." He rubbed his neck. "Hey, I don't care. They can feel bad, but kin will be my only true friend from grojband.."

"And Kon?"

"Eh.. We were never that close."

"Think about it over the week, and I'll ask Carrie 'bout it... An easy in. Ok?" He smiled. I nodded and we clinked our glasses together and took a sip.

It was a great date! We were there for 3 hours talking, laughing, eating.. Making bets... Heh.. I got about $10 from Larry. Woot!

When it was close to 4, I realized I had to catch the band before they left for home. "Thanks for the great date Larry, but I've gotta run..." He looked a bit sad it was over. "Aw.." He pouted. I smiled. "Let's go out again sometime." His eyes lit up and he smiled. "Really?! Awesome!" I went up to him and kisses him. "You, me, carnival, Saturday. 1:30 PM. Ok?" We smiled. "Alright.. Wait, are we like.. A thing now?" He asked. I nodded. "Yeah. So I'll see you Saturday.. Boyfriend." I smiled walking away. "Text me, Girlfriend." He chuckled. "I will!" I waved and ran to Corey's house. It's time.

I opened the garage door and saw everyone on the stage doing sweet nothing. Oh god. Awkward. They all stared at me. "Hey guys.. And celest." I said plainly. Corey leapt up and ran to me. "Laney! We were worried sick!" "Dude, you were the one asking every 2 minutes where she was!" Kon yelled annoyed. "Ok! I was worried sick. Where were yo--" he saw the rose. "Nice rose. Looks cute on you." Corey said casually. I blushed a bit. "Thanks. But core.. " I stepped away.

"I'm sorry I snapped at you. You having a girlfriend is a bit step and change for us. It could effect the whole band. Who we are and what we do!" I started. Corey sighed. "I know, Laney. But.. Time's change." He said sadly. "Yeah.. And.. I know this is a big step for me too but..." I turned to the other band members. "I've got a boyfriend now. Surprise." I said. Kin and Kon squealed, Celest scoffed.

Corey stood there in utter shock. "No way.. That's.. Cool. Who is he?" He asked. "Don't you mean SHE? Cause.. Laney's a dude?" Kon asked. Everyone facepalmed. "WHAT?!" Kon asked angered. "He is.. Um..." I looked down. Corey spotted a note on the rose, and plucked the note off. "No! Give it!" I yelped blushing, trying to grab it. Corey cleared his throat. " 'to a beautiful red head. I'm glad to have a girl like you. Love..' LARRY?!!" Corey screeched, falling back. Kon gasped. Kin laughed at Corey's expression. "You.. Your dating a Newman?! You can't-- your one of us!" Corey shouted. I stood firm. "You don't approve of me finding love?" I ask calmly. "I don't approve of you dating a Newman! This can't happen. Your grojband!" He shot back. "Then if I can't date Larry IN Grojband.." I turned my back. "I'll have to date him OUT of grojband." I grabbed the garage door handle. "I QUIT." I yelled, slamming the door so hard, I heard a shelf break in the garage. I stormed out if the yard and to my house.

I'm done with Corey. I'm done with Grojband.
FOREVER.

I ran to my room and grabbed my bass, and sang a song I wrote, with tears falling down my cheeks.

I knew you were trouble (Taylor Swift)

Once upon a time
A few mistakes ago
I was in your sights
You got me alone

You found me
You found me
You found me

I guess you didn't care
And I guess I liked that
And when I fell hard
You took a step back

Without me
Without me
Without me

And he's long gone
When he's next to me
And I realize
The blame is on me

Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to placed i'd never been
So you put me down oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to placed i'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

No apologies
He'll never see you cry
Pretend he doesn't know
That he's the reason why

Your drowning, your drowning, your drowning

And I heard you moved on
From whispers on the street
A new notch on your belt
That's all I'll ever be
And now I see, and now I see, and now I see

He was long gone
When he met me
And I realize
The joke is on me

Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to placed i'd never been
So you put me down oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to placed i'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

Comes creeping in
That you never loved me
Or her, or anyone, or anything
Yeah

Cause I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to placed i'd never been
So you put me down oh
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
So shame on me now
Flew me to placed i'd never been
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground

Oh, oh, trouble, trouble, trouble

I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble trouble trouble
I knew you were trouble when you walked in
Trouble trouble trouble!