Always Here...

Laney's POV

Tears stream down my cheeks as I see Corey run for Larry, the blade being stabbed into his chest... Collapsing.

Cameron stumbled back, wide eyed. It was obvious he hadn't really meant to harm anyone, he looked innocent enough... But we all knew the truth now. So he ran, and didn't look back.

Both bands ran to Corey, circling around him, giving him space. "C-C-Core--" I stuttered, as he looked at me... And smiled.

In his time of death.. In this time of tragedy... He smiles. "I.. Was a fool to think Celest could ever.. Compare to you... Your far better... And I'm happy to know you have a better boyfriend then I.. Could ever have been." Corey flushed a bit, and laughed weakly.

"Corey.." Larry looked at him, Carrie by his side. ".. Keep Laney safe." Corey replied sternly, and looked to Carrie. "And Carrie.. I can't believe I'm gonna say this but..

We've been at each other's necks for.. Too long. I hope that my passing.. Can unite us, and bring us together... I've always joked about this, but now I'm serious..." He looked at us all firmly. "Grojmans.. Is what we need to be. Carrie, I want you to take my place as Grojband's leader... And bring both bands together to become the Grojmans."

Everyone was shocked. Carrie was most. "You can't be serious...! Me?"

Corey smiled. "You can do it.. Your not alone in this. You have my full support."

We all shared a final group hug, which felt like it went on forever... "Grojband Forever?" Kon sniffled, as Kin hugged his brother. "You know it..." Corey fist bumped weakly to the twins.

"I can't believe this... Your really... Gonna die?" I looked at him, my voice was starting to crack. "Sorry for everything... I should had been a been a better friend.." Corey coughed, holding his injury. "No.. You couldn't have been a better friend..! Your already the best!" I cried and hugged him tightly...

And something was placed on my head.

I took it off and stared at it. Corey's beanie.

"You guys are.. The best..." Corey's face went a bit pale, and slowly... He stopped breathing. And yet... Thought now dead...

Corey still smiled.

"We love you, Corey..." I held his beanie close, as I turned and hugged Larry. "He'll still be with us... In our music, and our hearts."

---

I sat under a birch tree, writing in a journal I kept. This was my favourite spot.. Beautiful a scenary.. And great memories.

This is where I used to find Corey before forming the band, and before meeting the twins.

We wouldn't always meet at the same time, so we'd leave each other letters in this tree's knothole, always receiving a reply.

I gaze at the sky and sigh. It had been a week since Corey's funeral... And everyone was equally depressed.

But things got better. Carrie took over as leader of our new group, the Grojmans. Together, we pitch in and sing solos, duets, and of course, as a band. Everyone is writing lyrics, and things couldn't be better!..

If only Corey was here...

And he was.

I close my journal, and place it into the knothole, along with Corey's beanie. I smile and turn on heel, running to the Grojman Lair. I was late for band practice...

"I miss you Corey."

----

Nobody's POV

A light breeze of wind rushed around the birch tree, the soft, comforting laugh of a loveable teen carried along. The gust brought many leaves along, as it danced around the tree.

The beanie was blown out of the knothole, and was placed on the head of a leafy-Corey Riffin wind spirit. The gusty Corey smiled as he read the journal, slipping his own note inside of the journal for his best friend.

"I miss you too, Lanes.." He smiled as the Beanie landed back into the knothole, and the gust of wind flew towards Peaceville, the bubbly laugh of a Corey Riffin soaring across the sky, making many citizens smile.

"I'll always be here."