death

my arrow was lodged in the center of the neck of a boy from district 4 . i pulled the arrow out just as the cannon went off . i yelled for mogi   if there were any more . and he has to say no several times before i heard him . i saw him laying on the ground bleeding to death . i dropped my bow and propped his head up on my legs to he him breath better .  he gripped my hand loosely and spoke quietly .

mogi : you blew up the food ..

sabre : yes . the careers don't have any left .

mogi ; you have to win ..

sabre ; i will .

mogi ; please .. don't go ..

sabre : i'm staying right here . is there anything i can do to comfort you .

mogi : sing . my father ... used to .. when i was young ...

(a/n : couldn't find the male version so imagine sabre singing this )

mogi : thank you ...

sabre : mogi .  his eyes slid shut and his breathing became shallow . i continue humming the song losing the ability to continue using my voice anymore. i leaned down and hugged him . he was cold and his cannon fired .  the drone took him away from me . i had tears running down my cheeks and barely moved from that spot . a few hours later . the night sky was filled with no anthem or dead tribute pictures only trumpets . the game makers said there was a rile change . and that two players from the same district could be winners .i thought about this and realized the other part of my team was dead .  i thought about andrew  . maybe we can make a team together ..