option

i remember when moose  had given me the bread . it fed my family for three days the first day we had plain bread the second . me and Lucas had gathered dandelion greens and flowers to eat with it . and the third was when Lucas picked berries and killed a rabbit .  it was that third day the woods became our savior it fed us and kept us warm , because of the wood for the fire and animals . without it we would have died long before now . i always checked and double checked the plants to make sure they were safe to eat . one wrong mouthful and you're dead . i remember my first tessaray . on may fourth i signed three papers bringing home  three years worth or oil and grain one batch for each family member . as the years went on the number of times i entered my name tripled . i knew the danger and continues to enter my name is the reaping bowl . it kept my family away from starvation . if it weren't for moose and those two loaves of burnt bread . i would have never lived to sign up for the tessaray . i remember the months after i started bringing home grain and oil . my mother slowly came back to us , but i was the only one keeping us alive . i thought i would never be able to forgive her . for the months she put us through . the neglect , and the starvation . i understood what she was going through after losing my father in the mines . i came to forgive her . i thought of how hard i worker to keep us alive and remembered . i was going to die without any of that work being put onto tab or repaid .

* knocking *

sabre : door's unlocked . Andrew hey .

Andrew : couldn't sleep . first time being away from district thirteen . and they're wrong i'm not the last thirteen . i'm the last thirteen tribute . all that pressure put onto one kid is too much .

sabre : yeah . it really is . why is the train stopping .

Andrew : new  passengers .

sabre : * sighs *  more kids whose fate is in the games .

Andrew : oh my god !!

sabre : what ?

Andrew : that kid ! he's only twelve !

sabre : what !

Andrew : poor kid . i'm going to go comfort him he's crying his eyes out .

sabre : i'l come to . we left the bedroom and went into the dining room where a twelve year old kid was crying his eyes out .

?? : * crying * moooom!! moooom! don't let them take me !!

sabre : hey its okay , its okay . 

?? : * crying * g-go away . this is what i get for putting my name up for tessaray seventeen times .

Andrew : seventeen times ?

?? : * crying *  i come from a big family .

sabre : we'll protect you in the games . what's your name ?

?? : m-mogi .

Andrew : mogi . listen everything is going to alright . we'll protect you in the games we won't let you die .

mogi : my sister died in the games last year .

sabre : its alright .  we'll take care of you . what district are you from .

mogi : this is district seven .

Andrew : you can go to sleep if you want we'll make sure nobody wakes you .

sabre : we'll be your big brothers until the games are over . the kid stopped crying and wrapped his arms around my waist hugging me .

mogi : i never had brothers before . 

Andrew : sabre  . you can go to sleep i'll watch over mogi .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* sabre *

 i locked my bedroom door and took my shirt off climbing into the soft bed . it was almost as soon as i got into the bed red was calling for me to wake up .

red ; time to rise . up . up . up .  it going to a very big day .

Andrew : sabre come on . we need to get ready for the opening ceremonies tonight ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------