deadly finale

andrew : what is that thing !

sabre : its the finale ! i ran full speed through the trees and high grass when my foot got snagged by a tree root and i fell  . i felt the sharp claws of the wolf like mutant animal slice across my bad eye .  the animal was about to kill me when andrew shot it with my bow that i had dropped when i fell . it slowed the creature down long enough for me and andrew to run as fast as possible to the cornucopia . we just barely made it on top of it when andrew was caught in a choke hold by Daniel . andrew struggled to get out of the grip , but he couldn't .

andrew : sabre .. shoot .. him .

Dan : go ahead sabre . shoot him . if you do . he goes down with me .

andrew : please just .. end it .

sabre ;  i can't i'll shoot you !  i  aimed the arrow at a mutt that was climbing onto the cornucopia and shot the arrow down its throat . i reloaded my bow and aimed it back at Daniel . i looked at the smallest mutt that began climbing up and the realization hit me like a brick . the pale white matted fur and sea foam green eyes .  the red collar reading the number seven . it was mogi .  all the mutts resembled the dead tributes . innocent mogi , fox faced callum , joel , elizabeth , joey , jess .  all of them . the innocent eyes of the smallest mutt bore into my own . the eyes triggered something . did they have any of the tributes's memories .  id they have their feelings or  sense of humanity .

Andrew : shoot it !

sabre : i can't its mogi . i heard the high pitched whimper of the mutt as the others trampled on him  trying to get to me and andrew and Daniel . this brought tears to my eyes .  he was killed by the mutt with auburn fur .  the black collar with the number four . it was Ryan the kid who murdered mogi . i pulled back my bow once more letting the last of my arrows fly into the chest of the mutt killing it instantly .

Daniel : not so strong without your arrows now are you .

sabre : fuck the arrows .  i  retrieved my knife from my boot and threw it into the chest of Daniel who let go of andrew and fell of the cornucopia into the pack of mutts . the screams of him echoed throughout the arena as the mutts tore him to bloody shreds and drug him off into the trees . andrew and i held each other tightly mostly in fear of the mutts coming back . the sun finally rose in the sky and the sound of the game maker boomed through the arena .

game maker : one winner  twenty three losers .

andrew :  just kill me . you need to go to your family .

sabre : i can't . i remembered the berries in my pocket . we don't have to .

andrew ; what do you mean .

sabre : we die together . i gave him a handful of berries and counted .  ready ?

andrew : on three .

sabre : one . two . .... three . the voice of the game maker returned just before we were going to eat the poisonous berries .

game maker : stop !  may i present the two winners  of the 74th annual hunger games . sabre rosini ! and andrew smith ! the tributes of district 12 and 13 ...