not

i fell back into a memory of me and moose's first encounter . i was shivering to death in the rain . i was forced to scavenge for food through the bins outside of the bakery , but it was empty .it was then i saw him . a kid two years older than me standing behind his mother's back . the sudden realization that i had nothing to take home had hit me and i sunk down onto the muddy ground . it was too much for me . i was too sick and weak and tired . i heard a clatter in the bakery and the woman screaming . again i heard muddy feet walking toward me . it's her i thought coming to drive me away with a stick , but it wasn't her . it was the boy .in his arms he held two loaves of bread that must have fallen into the fire , because they had cross marks . he had tore off the burned parts and fed them to the pig tied up in the fence . and gave the rest of the loaves to me and ran back into the bakery . i took the loaves home and gave them to my brother and mother . i took my shirt off and hung it to dry by the fire and changed into my night clothes and climbing into bed falling into a dreamless sleep . i still remember the dark red hand print on his face when he gave me the bread all those years ago . none of that mattered now as i was stabbed back into reality  . i was going to be thrown into an arena and fight til the death . if moose had gotten in as well as em . the thank just wouldn't seem sincere if i were trying to slit his throat . the mayor told me and the thirteen to shake hands . he gave my hand a reassuring squeeze an let go . he was the first solo competitor and i could tell he was scared of death . i would be to if i hadn't know death would be freedom of hell ...