Happiness and Pain

Leo's P.O.V.

Last night I heard Gwen talking to Raph and crying. I was going to check and see how they were doing in there, but I eavesdropped instead.

She seemed really guilty. I kind of felt bad for giving her bad looks. Ever since we rescued her from TCRI we were talking and hanging out. I guess it was kind of Raph's fault for making her mad. I'd rather not play the blame game. It happened and it is over. And nobody is dead.

I walked back to my room silently and laid in bed. It was painful moving, but I moved around anyways. It was hard to fall asleep, but I usually did after I got in a comfy position. Then I just fell asleep.

Donnie's P.O.V.

I woke up. It was early morning and I got up to go to the lab.

When I walked in, I saw Gwen in the worst position to sleep in. She was sitting in the chair, bent over and her head was resting on the table. I walked over to her and decided, since I was awake, to carry her into Raph's room and let her sleep in there.

Once I got her in the room, she didn't wake up or let alone move. How long was she up last night?

I shook the thought out of my head and walked back to the lab. The chemical that the Kraang used is the weirdest chemical I have ever seen. I have never heard of it until yesterday.

I heard groaning and turned around. Raph stirred and his eyes slowly opened. I ran over and made sure he didn't sit up.

"Donnie...?" He asked.

"Yeah, Raph?"

"Did Leo die?"

"No. He is in his room sleeping."

"Oh. Did I die?"

"No. How would you be talking to me right now if you were dead?" He thought for a second and chuckled. I heard shuffling at the door of the lab and saw Mikey.

"Hey, Mike." Raph said before I could.

"Raphie!" Mikey exclaimed and ran over to us. He hugged Raph and that made me a little nervous, but Raph seemed okay.

"It's good to see you too, little brother." Raph said and hugged back.

Mikey's P.O.V.

I saw Raph awake and, even though it has only been one night, I was really excited! So, I hugged him and he actually hugged back! That made me really happy!

"It's good to see you too, little brother." He said.

There were footsteps at the door and we saw Leo.

"Hey, bro." Raph said.

"Hey. Uh, I gotta, um, go do something." He said and walked off.

"What was that about?" I asked. Donnie and Raph just shrugged and went back to talking.

I walked out of the lab and walked over to the bedrooms. I heard talking. Then, there was a bang. Glass broke. What was going on Raph's room?

Gwen's P.O.V.

I woke up to a door shutting and seeing Leo leaning on the door. He was just staring at me with a very serious look.

"Gwen. We need to talk." Leo said very sternly. I winced at his sternness.

"O-Okay. What do you need to talk about?" I asked.

"I just need to get some things through to you. You hurt my family or myself again, you will regret it. So, I think that you should keep your distance and limit your communication to us." He explained.

"Okay, well, you know what? You are the one who invited me to this home of yours and last time I checked, it was Raph who made me angry and you didn't even bother to pull him off of me when I was hoping you would pull him off." I said back. Leo made a snarl towards me and walked over to me, towering over me, but I wasn't scared.

"You better keep yourself controlled and keep your distance or I will tie you up and drop you in the Shredder's lair myself." The Shredder? Who is he?

Now, Leo had me against the wall and was scowling and growling down at me. I growled back, but didn't let the beast take over.

"Well, I have no idea who the Shredder is, well excuse my French, but if you want be a little bastard about something that happened in the past that cannot be fixed, then you should just go and bitch to yourself in your room!" I said angrily and kicked him to the ground. I don't swear, but this one time I just had the urge to.

"Well, excuse my 'French', but you should feel ashamed of yourself! Being a little bitch and accusing other people of something you done! That is just being a self-consious bitch that only cares about herself!" He said and grabbed my arm and swung me against a bed stand knocking a glass cup and a few pictures off causing the glass to break.

The edge of the bedstand had a two sai at the end and the tips lodged into my back. I gasped and growled.

The sai must've went in farther than I thought, because blood started coming out the edges of my mouth as I spoke.

"Well, you know what?! I stayed up all night last night, hoping and praying that Raphael would be alright, I want him to be okay, Leonardo! Don't you understand?! I care! And that is why I stayed! You don't understand the pain of seeing people, who are your friends, you hurt in front of your eyes, and you knowing you did it! I am away from home! My parents and siblings are probably worried sick! I have five younger siblings I take care of! It hurts me...! It hurts me to be... away... When I know they need me most..." I yelled weakly and started crying, my tears mixing in with the blood, "My parents are always working. Working so hard to take care of our split family..."

I fell to my knees and started bawling. Leo didn't speak. I heard the door open.

"What happened?!" I heard the same stern, Japanese voice ask. I heard him gasp.

"Leonardo! Come with me now!" He yelled.

"H-Hai, S-Sensei." Leo studdered. More footsteps came into the room and I heard them all run toward me. I was losing consciousness, because of the blood loss.

"It's going to be okay." I heard Raph's voice say before I completely blacked out.