Chapter 3.

(3rd Person P.O.V.)

Niall worried deeply about Florence's fate. He didn't want to be a rebellious twat with the attitude of a grunge bitch.

She was a bit different, he didn't want her to change. He enjoyed her different.

Niall and his mother, at the crack of midnight, decided to chat about her new 'granddaughter' Florence.

"She's s'quiet and secretive, lad! An' wha' tha hell is up wit' her ears, Niall?! She 'as giant holes in er ears!!" Mrs. Horan whispered coarsely.

"Mom! She's been in a bubble er whole life! Wha' else was she supposed to do wit herself?! She's not the most innocent girl.!"

"Innocent?!" She about yelled. "I 'ope she's innocent!"

"I mean't goody-goody, mum.! She's asleep, we don' wanna wake her..." Niall hushed.

"Fine. Fine, we'll continue this som'day.. G'night Niall." Mrs. Horan saluted. "I tell ya, if things go bad, don't think she'll forgive ya. Her attitude will go against ya, boy."

"Ok mum." He rolled his eyes and dragged his limp body to the guest room.

The morn came, and Florence's restless, but peaceful night came to a refreshing start. She laid awake for a while next to Niall, who snored through the night like a bear. When Florence awoken, Niall was already out of the bed and about downstairs.

The sound of children playing came from her window, frolic and chanting rhymes. Florence loved it, especially with the gold light shining through the sheer curtains. Flo ran her fingers over the curtains and she went to open her blinds only to find..

Riordan.

You see, last night he followed the car to the house, and slept in the bushes.

'Like he doesn't have a home..?' Florence questioned.

"HEY! LEMME IN, YEH?" Riordan yelled, leaving no choice for Florence not to.

"Thanks! So 'ow was yer sleep?" He asked with a smile, dimples showing.

"I had none."

"Well, why me darlin'?"

"I.." Florence had a feeling that she didn't want to spill everything right now. She just met him! She can hide all her secrets, she doesn't have to tell Riordan right now. Florence will regret this moment unlike a moment of alone time with him, and some drunken thought in her head spilled the beans.

"It's nothing- I just couldn't sleep. So yeah." Florence faked her metallic smile. Riordan was not buying it.

"Oy! I'm tha' only weird one 'ere! Wha's wrong mate?"

He noticed her tense up.

"Flo, you've told me your name." He softened. "After that, you have to tell me eveythin else. Tha's tha fing about makin new friends, mate.

So is there somefing wrong, love?"

Florence sighed. "No. There's nothing wrong Riordan. I just didn't sleep."

"Ok."

Knock, knock, knock..

"Florence, you awake?" Niall asked walking into the room, seeing Riordan. "Wha's he doin 'ere?!" He fumed, laying his hands on his hips. He looked tough, but really, Niall heart was racing, and his mind soared with thoughts of this guy's intentions with his new little girl.

"I was 'ere to pop in an' visit! Sorry to introduce myself so odd and sudden, but me name's Riordan. Glad to meet ya.."

"I'm Niall.." He vocalized coarsely, staring both Florence and Riordan down. "You tha kid from last night, eh?"

"Yes sir."

"Mmm," Florence blushed with embarrassment. "Florence, I need to talk to you.. Excuse us."

"Sure sir." Riordan answered respectfully.

..

"So you were canoodling wit 'em, uh?! Wha-whys he in your room?" Niall wasn't only angry, but he was concerned about Florence's new boy toy.

"We didn't do anything, I assure you. All I did was wake up, and he was there, clear as day in front of my window! No canoodling, no nothing!"

"Ohh, sure!" Niall didn't really believe her much; she has this look, or glow on her face. He knows that glow.

"Oh yEAH!" Florence rebelled in fury. "WE WERE, CANOODLING IT UP, YES!" Niall glared at her with a confused yet angry look. "WE JUST FINISHED! HE UNLOADED A BIIG ONE-"

"FLORENCE, QUIET! I CANT BELIE-"

"SiR." Riordan was completely shocked. He knew that Niall had a bad feeling about him. But he had to head back home. "I.. I hav' to leave. Me mums probabley lookin' fer me." Riordan's mother has already experienced the tight concern in her chest from time-to-time from his sudden "roundabouts" in the nighttime. All she knows is that he doesn't go far. "Bye Flo. I'll see ya, eh?"

"Yeah!" Riordan left. "You're not keeping him from me, Niall. You said to make friends."

"I know, I know. But wha' if he hurts ya?"

"I can protect myself."

"Ok..." Niall said as he pondered." "Alright, but I still w'ant to meet his parents, yeh? See tha' house, tha' environment. See tha'.. antics, tha' happens ovah there."

"I understand." Florence reflected on how childish she was acting and looked down in shame.

"Don't beat yerself up, lass," Niall put his hand on her shoulder. "I'm jus' h'ere to look out fer ya. I don't want to see ya in pain, Florence, darling. It's me job as a parent, yah?" He messed her hair a bit, in a friendly gesture.

Footsteps came from the living room.

"YA done lads? Glad tuh see ya two 'ave made up!" Riordan said in glee from the living room. "So ya said ya w'ant tuh meet me parents? Let's do it now! They're home, I think."

"I thought you left-" Niall started.

"Tha's not important. Wha's important is that you two, inseparable by law, 'ave made up!"

At that moment, Florence felt that Riordan had something different. It was something that she was afraid that she'd start enjoying, because he was really crazy.

The dead gleam in his eyes reflected off the dark pools under them. His crisp blue eyes went deep sea dark, and his freckles barked with trouble. A change in mood, and the charm was back on.

"Let's go then, yeh?"