Chapter 5.

The next morning, Niall left quite early, and fled to the streets in his red Porsche. He didn't forget to give Florence a kiss on the temple when he did, since she finally got her good night's sleep without the effect of her sleep apnea, and because she was the reason he left the house, was to get him to focus more on her. So he set out to get her a nice gift...

He went to the jewelry store at the mall closest to the house, in disguise.
Swarovski crystals and pretty topaz enhanced by bright, white light shone throughout the store, basically blinding Niall, even with his shades on. But that wasn't important. He wanted to find the perfect statement piece that's just screamed her name. Turns out, he wasn't the only one in the store who had the same objective.

"Oy, Niall!" Riordan yelled, causing Niall to go into defense mode and violently hush the boy. "Wha' er ya doin' 'ere, mate? Shoppin' fer Florence?" He was still incredibly loud.

"Riordan, keep it down, yeah? I'm tryin' tuh not git mugged tuhday, kay?"

"Alright, alright. But I need yer help." Niall simply just stares at this poor kid.

"Wha' kind of help ya need in a jewlereh store? Wha' tuh git yer mum?" He said sarcastically and laughed. Riordan's cheeks brightened with a red tint.

"No..." His cheeks became more pigmented with the color. "Somefing tuh... Somefing tuh git yer daughter..."

..

Florence went for a walk after she woke up at 8:30 a.m. On the dot.

She couldn't help herself, since it was a moderate cool, quiet morning with a hint of warm sunlight, and a small breeze that smelt very pure. She went with what she wore to bed, a satin nightgown, and she threw on some slippers. The breeze massaged her scalp, which is now cultivated by very kinky hairs, and her skin was illuminated by the gold light. For a moment she felt free, even though she was getting weird looks.

..

Meanwhile, Niall and Riordan aren't back from their little episode. They came to a conclusion that Florence needs something that compares to her. That she'll wear forever.

"I shou'd git 'er a ring, or a brac'let..." Niall scoffed at Riordan's words.

"Wit wha' money?" He laughed.

"Me own money. Me pa gave meh a bank account, n' told meh Tha' I should onl'eh use it when I feel tha' I passionat'leh fink tha' I need tuh use it. I told him tha' I'm usin' it fer her, and he let meh."

"How much?"

"I don't care how much is in it."

"So you don't know how much in in thar?"

"No, no," the boy started. "I know wha's in thar, I just don't care tuh be told tha' I should do fings with it, like tha way they would've. I don't care if I waste it all one a girl."

"Oh wow. Sorry... Didn't mean tuh offend ya..."

"I'm jus' passionate."

..

"Louis!" Harry yelled from the other line, making Louis's eardrums quake. "How's yer break?"

"It's alright. I love spendin' time wit ma family. You?"

"Alright. But I wonder how Niall's holding up, ya know, with the kid n stuff..."

"Oh yeah, the 'Money Maker'." Louis said.

"'The Profitable Cause'." Harry laughed.

"Florence." There was a silence.

"I..." Harry started. "I don't think this is right... Adopting a girl for publicity..."

"It wasn't his choice, Harry."

"But what happens after we get all the publicity? He's gonna take her back?" Harry gulped with a sick feeling in his stomach.

"I don't know... She's such a sweetheart, too."

"You've talked to her?"

"Yeah. I've definitely talked to her."

..

Florence sat in the crevices of tree branches and looked above and below as she sung,

"I hear the birds on a summer breeze, I drive fast; I am alone at midnight..
Been tryin' hard not to get into trouble, but I, I've got a war in my mind..."

"In wha' trouble, eh?" Florence jumped at the sound of Riordan's voice behind her. "Haha, gotcha honey."

"That's not funny Riordan." The hairs on the back of her neck are still up.

"Ya found me hid'out! And, Niall's lookin' fer ya. Wants tuh show ya somefing."

"He told you that?"

"Yeah, yeah, he did. I also have somefing tuh show ya..." He pulled out a pretty blue box and Flo immediately knew what it was.

A Tiffany and Co. box.

"Oh God Riordan, you didn't have to get me this-"

"Open it, hun." Florence carefully opened the box and saw a bracelet. "I made em engrave yer name on it, n' it's blue. Royal blue. Yer favorite color." He smiled his toothy grin, and pecked her cheek.

"You didn't have to get me this. You don't have to get me anything."

"But I want'd tuh. I love ya."

AN: short. I know. There's a pic of Riordan for oh kinky hoes.