He was always there to help her...

I woke up later to a smell I had always hated. Hospital. I had a fear of hospitals since my gran died and I got kicked out of the hospital by a nurse who later got arrested for abuse. I had a panick attack and started hyperventilating, I heard a man, with a high voice shout

"Can we a have a nurse in here?!" the man sounded stressed but somehow his voice seemed calming. Despite his soothing voice, I could still barely breath, and pretty soon a nurse ran in the glass room and set up a machine by my bed and put an oxygen mask on me. My breathing slowed down, but I waited for it to go back to normal before I looked around my room. I sat upright and propped my self up using my arms. The man next to me leaned forward and lifted one half of the bed so that I could lean back. He seemed very helpful and yet I haven't even seen who he is. I looked over in his direction, my mouth dropped, I then realized how dry my mouth was, so I must have been out for a while. My eyes must have been lying, it cannot be him.

"Hiya, I'm Adam Levine" he smiled in a sympathetic way and my heart felt like someone was squeezing it, tight. I forced a voice out of my throat.

"I'm, I'm Amelia" my voice had changed while I was unconscious and I sounded like I was trying to be seductive.

"Sweet name" Adam replied, I tried my hardest not to laugh because I know it would hurt, so I just returned the smile.

"Could I have some water please?" I asked, trying my hardest not to seem rude.

"Oh, sure, I'll be right back"

That was quite helpful actually, I had some time to get my head around things, things like, why the hell was Adam in my hospital room or how long has he been by my side, but I had to focus on me at the minute, I didn't even know why I was in a hospital room or how long I'd been there. So I decided to ask Adam when he got back. I couldn't believe that I was actually being so casual about meeting Adam but I didn't know how else to act. When Adam got back, I thanked him and downed the whole glass before thanking him again. Soon enough I was ready to ask him.

"How long have you been here?" I asked, my voice returning back to normal now.

"Uh," he twiddled with his beard and hummed a little "around 3-4 weeks judging by my calculations"

I laughed at his joke, maybe a bit too much.

"And how long have I been in here?"

"The same" he smiled at me.

Had he really waited next to me for nearly a month? Had the celebrity I have had a crush on for the majority of my life really wanted to wait for me to get out of hospital?