Chapter 9

Q's Point Of View

****************************

Zeph leads the way as we walk out of the cafeteria. We then make a right and start walking back towards the place where we met the others. When we reach the intersection, we make a right down another hallway. Instead of it being brown and green as the hallway the dining hall was in, this hall was nearly all white. The walls were white and all the furniture lining the hall were white as well, minus some light blue accents.

"This is the Air Hall, also the Hospital Wing, the other four halls have their own specialties, for instance, the Earth Hall is where we eat." Zeph speaks through the silence, sounding like a tour guide.

"So what is the other two?" Sear questions, bringing up the rear.

"Well, the Water Hall is for Teaching, it's where kids go to school, but unlike yours, we only go until the seventh grade," He begins, "The Fire Hall is where all the factories are located, where the weapons and armour, both man and beast, are made. Each quarter has their own name. There's Aquavious, Florfaunia, Cloudanavia, and Infernio."

"What do you mean when you say beast?" Terrene says shivering with fear.

"Oh sorry, their not beast, each elementalist gets their own creature," He answers, "You choose what you want, and it becomes your partner."

"What is there to choose from?" I shoot another question at him,

"You can choose from the big guys like the phoenix, unicorn, pegasus, hippocampus, sea serpent, dragon, griffon, hippogriff, or sphinx. Or you can choose a small creature such as the wolpertinger, trow, pixie, or a goblin, but I would stay away from that one, they tend to run away and it's only a one time thing, so choose wisely."

~~~

After awhile of walking we start to approach a sight I thought was impossible. A town of normal proportions, merely sitting upon puffs of white and grey clouds. Glass pathways intertwine themselves throughout the town with floating glowing lanterns sitting upon tiny clumps of condensation. 

"So this is Cloudanavia," I ask with a smile on my face. 

"Yup, this is where I live, and where you will be staying."

We make our way through the town and I notice that indeed, the building do look like modern apartment complexes. Each with their own unique design. As we approach one that lies more on the outskirts of town, I look up to see a name plate above the door, on it is planted: Zephyr, in very elegant writing. As we enter the beautiful home, I see that the inside is as elegant as the outside.

"Welcome to my humble abode!" Zeph announces, stepping in front of us. "This is the kitchen and living room," he says pointing out the obvious two rooms we are in."

"Oh, I thought this was the bathroom, thank you for saving me." Sear sarcastically says under his breath.

I examine the kitchen first, it has light-gray cabinets, which seems to be made out of pine, with white quartz countertops. The living room has a white sectional with blue and gray throw pillows particularly placed along it. It has a TV and a white brick fireplace located on the far wall.

"The spare room is down that hall and there's an attached bath to it." Zeph says to me and Terrene.

"K thanks, I'm gonna hit the hay," I say and with a nod from Terrene, we make our way towards our room.

Our room looks like the other room with its beautiful blue comforter and white pine dressers. The bathroom located on the other side of the room has both a shower and a jacuzzi along with a double vanity, also with quartz countertops.

I throw myself on the bed and before I know it, the black has taken over and I'm fast asleep.

****************************

Sear's Point Of View

****************************

"You can have my room if you want, I can take the couch." Zeph says as I walk towards the sofa sitting in the middle of the living room.

"Na, it's fine, I'm used to sleeping on couches anyway." I reply,

"Ok, if ya say so." he surrenders, walking into the bedroom, opposite the way the girls went. He appears again with blankets and pillows.

"Thanks," I say as he tosses them, well more like floats them over to me. I can't even happen to see myself possessing powers like that.

~~~

****************************

Umm, Aubin?

Yes Sear?

I...well, I was wondering....

If you have a power? You do...

Then what is it, I mean all the others have figured there's out but me!

It takes time, and at the right time, it will happen.

****************************

At the right time, I say to myself, It will happen.

~~~

I wake to the sound of sizzles and pops and the smell of juicy bacon and what smells like pancakes or waffles, can't tell the difference. Standing, I conclude that it is pancakes, and also Terrene's cooking them.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" She states, nearly dropping the flipper from my sudden appearance, "I was trying to be quiet but I thought it would be nice of I cooked a big breakfast for all of us."

"Nah, I woke of to the smell, and boy does it smell good."

"Oh, w-well there's, um...eggs and bacon," She says, still gripping the spatula with white knuckles, "Oh, and pancakes, forgot." She chortles, causing me to laugh as well.

I don't notice Zeph's appearance until he retorts, quite loudly may I add, "What's cooking!" He says this with squinted eyes and a skull full of bed head. He's also wearing striped matching pajamas that looks like something an old man would wear.

I snort and try to hide a laugh, but fail and from the sounds of it Terrene flunks as well.

Just then, Q comes running down the hallway with the same attire and matching hair-doo as Zeph which makes Terrene and I laugh even harder. All of the laughter causes the two to start laughing as well and in the end, we're all lying on the ground laughing and gasping for air looking like beached fish.

~~~

This goes on for a couple more minutes until a knock at the door interrupts our laugh fest. Zeph goes to the door and answers it.

"Oh hey dad," Zeph says through short breaths.

"I see you've made yourself at home already." Aubin replies stepping into the complex.

"Hey Aubin." Q says standing. We all stand as well and greet him politely. After a minute of conversing, he asks us a question.

"Ready to receive your new living quarters!" He states catching us off guard.

"Oh," Terrene says, "Umm...will we be staying alone?"

"Yup! All to yourself. Alone and in privacy."

"Oh...ya, can't wait." She states, covering up sadness with a fake smile.

"Good! So who's first?"

"Um, actually, we were thinking of just staying here for now, just to get used to not being with family and all." Q interrupts him, causing Aubin to stop.

"Oh, well umm...I guess there's no rules saying you can't so, welcome home!" he states rubbing the back of his head.

"Ya, welcome home!" Zeph repeats.