Chapter 12

Q's Point Of View

****************************

I've been walking, having to listen to annoying Sear complain about the other two running off for way too long. I thought to myself drowning out Sears fretting voice. 

"I mean, who just runs off in the middle of a frickin jungle!" Sear exclaimed with his hands flailing in the air.

I laughed a fake laugh and replied, "Calm down, its not like they're dead or something. I believe both of them are more than capable of taking care of themselves." 

This made Sear, who was walking in front of me now, stop talking for a couple minutes. But it was enough for me to hear something.

In the distance I could here the familiar sound I loved. It was the sound of waves crashing along the coast of the island. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the opposite side of the island from which we came because we've been walking for hours. 

Unfortunately, the silence left as Sear began to contemplate his whole existence again. 

After what felt like a long time of thinking if I should leave him, I decided it would probably be best for not only my sanity, but his as well; to get him out of his head and get him in the moment.

So I quietly, but quickly slowed my pace until he was far enough away and I made a run towards the water I've loved my whole life.

"My beast has to be there."

~~~

Sear's Point Of View

****************************

"Maybe they went back to the beach where Aubin left us. We could go back there." I said, trying to comfort myself after half of my group ran off. "I mean, it wouldn't hurt, we could just find our beast another day. No, you wouldn't like that." I replied to Q, the only person who hasn't run off yet.

"You know, you've proven yourself to be way more smart than the other two." I complimented Q, and waited for her snarky response. But nothing came. I whipped around and saw I had spoken way too soon, for Q had gone missing as well.

It took me a minute to calm my anger but I stopped when I felt a pull in my chest. I was scared at first, but then it was calming, and warm. It made me feel as though I was still at home and not mixed up in all this. I decided to follow it thinking it maybe was a way out of this.

I had been walking for a while when I came to a little pond next to a huge cliff with a mighty waterfall pouring off the side. It was gorgeous.

 I decided to put my feet in the water and let it flow around them. It felt good and relaxing and I was contemplating jumping in, but when I was about to take the leap of faith, something buzzed right past my face and I felt the familiar pull in my chest again.

I ignored it at first but right before I was about to jump in a second time, it whizzed past my face again. I decided to chase it this time. It was moving too fast for me to see but I could tell it was a creature of some sort.

I was out of breath, standing with my hands on my knees when I felt a slight rumble in the ground. It grew rapidly until I was unable to remain standing and fell onto my butt. I looked around trying to see what was making the vibrations but saw nothing.

Then I saw it. Arising out of the pond next to where I was sitting was a huge serpent, larger than a school bus. I just stared up at it unable to move as it towered above me. 

This must be its home, and the little light was trying to warn me not to go in. I thought, piecing the puzzle pieces together.

It suddenly leaped at me. I tried to jump away but its jaws snapped around my leg. I let out a cry but the serpent didn't let go.