Chapter 3~ Surprises

Word spread around quickly that Harry was coming home. But honestly, I'm pretty sure I was the most excited.

Anne, my mom and I worked extremely hard to create somewhat of a party for Harry. He never really specified what time he was exactly coming home, so we just hoped for the best.

"Peyton, can you set up the lights in the backyard?" My mom asked.

"Sure."

I walked out into the back and picked up the lights the were on one of the tables. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going to put them, so I put it on the ledge of the back porch.

I wrapped it around it, wondering how much longer it would be until Harry came. Maybe he just wanted to torture us, make sure he knew we missed him. And we did.

I felt arms wrap around my waist, and I was pretty sure it was my mom. She was more clingy than normal lately.

"Hi Mom." I said.

"Mom?" A familiar voice asked, confused.

I turned around to see Harry, smiling at me.

"Harry!" I yelled wrapping my arms around his neck, holding him tightly.

He hugged me back, and this was worth the wait. Finally having him home was amazing.

"How've you been?" He asked, putting his arm around my shoulders, leading me inside.

"A lot better now. But, it's just been really slow." I admitt.

"I wanted to ask you something."

"What?"

"Well, I set this up, but when I have to leave to go back to X-Factor, do you want to come?" he asked, giving me that adorable smile, which I could never say no to.

"Yes! I'd love to!" I say excitedly.

"It'd be for about two weeks though."

"So? That'd be amazing!"

"I'm glad you want to. But we don't have to worry about leaving for a couple days." he said, opening the front door for me.

We walked into the living room, where our moms were siiting, drinking tea and talking about who knows what. Anne got up immediately, hugging Harry.

"Oh baby, I missed you." she said.

"I missed you to mommy."

I smiled. Not to many guys were as close as Harry and Anne. It was one of those moments where I wanted to cry from so much overwhelming happiness.

Then my mom gave Harry a quick hug and sent us both outside for who knows why.

"Ah, it feels so good to be home." he said, laying back in the chair on the porch.

"It feels good for you to be home." I said.

"It's so different there. Just work, work, work. But it's nice to have a break. Even though I love it right now."

"I miss having you around. It's not normal and it's quite boring."

"I miss you the whole time. You know, not really knowing anyone at the beginning." he said, looking at me, smiling.

"My dad made fun of me the other day for missing you. Like he thought  I liked you or something. I got so pissed though. He's so irritating."

"Ugh, I hate when parents do that."

"No kidding."

"So how is my mom doing?" he asked, sitting up.

"She's fine. Just life's a lot more boring without you here. She misses you."