Chapter 8~ The Chase

*Harry's POV*

I sat on the curb with my head in my hands, tears slowly streaming down my face. It was all my fault she was gone. How could I be so stupid to say to her how Caroline could understand me better than anyone else?

If life had a undo button, I would use it at this point. Right now. The most important person in my life, was now gone. And I wasn't going to get her back. A redo was all I wanted. I'd give anything.

"Harry?" Someone asked.

I looked up, wiping my face with my hand. Cher was standing there, a sympathetic look on her face. She sat next to me, and looked at the pavement.

"I can't believe she's gone." she whispers.

I nod in agreement. "And it's all my fault."

She put hand hand on my shoulder. "Harry, look at me."

I looked up at her reluctantly.

"She loved you Harry. She needed a break. Girls need that sometimes, and it's not your fault."

"I pushed her away!" I protested, slapping my hands on my knees in anger. "Now I lost her! And she may never come back! She said she was over me! It breaks my heart that my best friend is gone."

"You didn't push her away. She still loves you. You see, when girls say their over you, it really means they still love you with everything they have, but they want you to think they're over you. They wanted to be chased."

I pondered on the though. "But what if that isn't the case?"

She smirked. "How could she not want to be chased by you? You're Harry Styles!"

I shook my head. "But just Harry to Peyton. Nothing special."

"You're the curly-haired, adorable, dimple faced best friend she has. And there's only one you." she said.

I smiled slightly, then buried my face into my hands. She was still looking at me, trying to convince me.

"It's just over, Cher." I say, standing up.

"Don't give up. Ever." she whispers.

I walk away slowly, running my fingers through my tangled hair. Was Caroline really worth all of this?

I walked inside the house, and headed up to my room. I didn't feel like rehearsing or doing anything for that matter.

"Hey buddy where have you been?" Louis asks.

By the look on my face, I'm sure he knew how I felt without even asking. I flopped down on my bed angrily.

"What happened?" he asked walking over to me a little hesitantly.

"She's gone." I whispered.

"Who? Peyton?"

I nod and turn to face the wall

It was going to be a long couple days. Or however long Peyton was going to be away from me.

~*~

*Peyton's POV*

I slammed the door of my car shut, carrying my bags back inside. I couldn't even look next door. I cried most of the way home, but sat in the car for awhile pulling myself together.

I opened the door slowly, walking into the kitchen, hoping no one would catch me sneaking in. But my luck ran out, again.

"Hello?" My mom called, walking into the kitchen, almost crashing into me.