Chapter 12~ You Get What You Deserve

Morning came around slowly, bringing me some happiness you could say. After last night, Harry left when Caroline called him, which was a little suspicious, but I was happy I didn’t have to deal with him anymore. I was getting to the point where I couldn’t stand him.

My mom came and picked me up when the doctors finally let me go home. I was very happy to be leaving the hospital, because I couldn’t stand them.

“I have to go back to work after I drop you off at home.” She said to me as we drove out of the parking lot.

“Really? You trust me by myself?” I asked, surprised.

I rested my head against my hand, looking out the window. Hopefully, Harry went back to the X-Factor house, and wasn’t coming home anytime soon. I was really angry. After he told me he would change, and things would be different; he turned around and lied to me again. It’s not like I was caught off guard, I knew it was coming sooner or later.

“No, Harry’s coming over.”

I whipped my head over to her, giving her the dirtiest glare I could give. “I thought he left.”

“No. He was just at the hospital last night! Why? You seemed to be getting along yesterday.”

“Yeah until he lied to me yet again.”

“Does this have something to do with Caroline?” she asked.

“Doesn’t it always?”

She sighs. “Why is this an issue now? It’s ruining your friendship. I really think you need to think about this. It’s not worth losing a lifelong friendship over her.”

“No mom. It’s the fact that he says things will be different. And then he lies. I can’t trust him!” I protest.

“I still want you think about it.”

I roll my eyes and rest my head angrily against the window, once again. Since when was my own mom on Harry’s side?

The whole rest of the ride home was silent, and I regretted ever leaving the hospital.  I’d rather be there than Have Harry look after me. Anyday.

We pulled into the driveway; I get out and slam the door, and walk inside.

“Who’s there?” My dad yells.

“Me.” I say, walking into the kitchen where he was standing, with his car keys in hand.

“You’re home!” he exclaims, giving me a huge bear hug.

“Yeah. I’m assuming you’re going to work?”

“Unfortunately. Go lie down on the couch, get some rest. I love you.” He says, kissing the top of my head and walking out of the door.

I sigh and go upstairs to my room, changing out of my jean shorts and Hollister shirt, and slip into some sweatpants and my favorite blue Jack Wills t-shirt. As I brush through my hair, I hear the front door open and close.

“Crap.” I mumble, tossing it up into a ponytail and heading downstairs.

“Hello?” Harry yelled.

“In the living room.” I say, flopping down on the couch, flipping on the T.V.

He walks in, a huge grin spread across his face.

“What?” I ask.

“Nothing. I’m happy to see you home!”

“Yeah, I bet.”

He raises his eyebrows. “What’s wrong?”

“Um, I don’t know.” I say, turning around to face him. “You’re here for one, and how you just left the hospital last night, without saying anything.  Oh, don’t let me forget about Caroline’s little call.”