Chapter 11~ Some Things Never Change

*Harry’s POV*

Once Mr. and Mrs. Miller left the room, I walked over to Peyton. Her body was completely still, but peaceful in a sense. Her arm was in a cast, and her face and body was all scratched up. It was painful to see. After all, I was the one who caused this. And I hurt her.

I brought a chair next to her bedside and sat down, taking her hand gently.

“I’m so sorry Peyton. It’s all my fault. Only if Caroline wasn’t involved. Oh my god, I feel awful. I can’t even live with myself.” I say, tears forming on my eyes. “I’m horrible. I didn’t know you felt that way. And I did too. If only I said it. Things would be different. And you’ve supported me through everything. And I feel like I’ve done nothing but hurt you.”

A tear escaped my eye and covered my eyes with my free hand.

“I’m so sorry.”

~*~

*Peyton’s POV*

My eyes opened slowly and painfully, the bright sun shining in my eyes, giving me a bigger migraine than I already had.

I looked around, and I was in a small room with baby blue walls, with medical equipment scattered everywhere.

The curtains weren’t closed, and it was just giving me more pain.

I moved my hands around slowly, since everything on me was in pain. How badly was I hurt anyway?

I grabbed the T.V. remote, and pressed the red nurse button, and hopefully she would come along pretty quickly.

Someone walked into the room, and I was hoping it was the nurse. But as soon as I saw his face, and hair, I knew exactly who it was. Harry.

“You’re awake!” he yelled, running over to my bed.

“Uh huh.” I croaked.

“How do you feel?”

“Like crap, thanks for asking.”

The nurse hurried in and smile when she saw me. “Peyton, you’re awake! That’s great.”

“Yeah. Can you close the curtains? It giving me a worse migraine than I already have.” I ask.

“Of course.” She said, walking over to the window, pulling the curtains across, shielding the sun from my eyes.

“Thank you.”

“Anytime. Do you want asprin for your head?”

“Yes please.”

“I’ll be back with that in a minute.” She says, and leaves the room.

I looked over at Harry, who was typing vigorously on his iPhone.

Probably Caroline. I thought and rolled my eyes.

He shoved it back into his pocket, and smiled. “Sorry about that. Just updating my mom.”

I nodded. “How long have I been out?”

“Three days.”

“You’ve been here the whole time?”

“Yeah.”

Maybe he did care. Or he just felt bad.

“Thank you.” I said.

“No problem. I feel awful.”

“You should. But I’m sorry I didn’t lose my memory for you.”

“No. I’m glad you didn’t.”