Chapter 18 xx

I stop running as I’m out of breath, hoping to hear footsteps running behind me. Who am I kidding? Life is not a fairy tale for your ‘prince charming’ to come. Besides, I don’t have any ‘prince charming’. I look at my surrounding and smile back at a couple of people who greet me with a smile.

Maybe running away from the hotel was not so bad. All I need is some time alone… yeah, maybe that’d keep my mind off things.

I walk around and inhale the fresh air and wander down the streets. I fish in my pocket to find some money. I scratch my head looking at the moneys that I managed to find. What the…? I really should’ve payed attention when Paul told us how much the money worth.

    “You’re Amethyst, right?” a girl with black hair asks.

    “Yes…? How did you know me?” I say, waiting for response.

    “We fellow directioners know basically everyone that has something to do with One Direction.” She admits.

    “That sounds a bit obsessed.” Spontaneously, I blurted out those words.

Realising what I just said, I cover my mouth while she laughs at my remark and shake her head in disagreement.

    “That’s what most people think. It’s not an obsession, it’s a dedication.”

    “Oh… so you directioners are dedicated, eh?” I ask and arch an eyebrow.

    “Obviously. Now… you look hungry” She observes “and you seem almost clueless, come on, I’ll buy you something to eat.”

She ushers me to a shop nearby and buy me a two packets of mini-pizza. She hands it to me.

    “Normally, I wouldn’t accept things that are given from strangers, but since you’re a directioner, you’re not a stranger. Family, more like it.” I say as I tear off the packet and gratefully eat it “thanks.”

    “So, where are the boys?” she asks and looks around.

    “Did you bought me these because of them?” I ask, taking a bite on the pizza.

She looks at me in astonishment.

    “No… well, yes—partly. But seems like you’re alone, it doesn’t matter.” She says, shrugging her shoulders.

    “Want to show me around?” I ask.

    “Sure, come on.” She says.

In excitement, both of us walk together deeper inside the city of Paris.

    “So, your name is Sam?”

She nods.

Beep, beep.

I don’t remember bringing any phone… oh, it’s hers. I look ahead as the sun blinding my eyes.

    “Sorry, I got to go. Mum’s demand. Bye.” She says and gets off the bench and waves as she makes her way home.

    “Bye.” I call out and slump my shoulder.

Now I’m all alone. I should’ve asked her direction to the hotel! Stupid me… maybe Harry is right after all. I am stupid. I bury my face onto my leg and sigh deeply.

I look at the watch around my wrist that indicates two in the afternoon. Wow, five hours has passed. How am I going to go back to the hotel?! Well, no pain no gain. I decide to find my way to the hotel and hopefully, to actually find it.