Town Chosen

Evergreen School is your typical learning place. It is situated in the small town of Breme, with the town itself located in a deep valley. Jenny is one of your typical high school girl, attending Evergreen School. She and most of her childhood friends are attending Evergreen, and they have grown quite a bond for each other. Almost halfway into the school year, Jenny and her classmates were given a surprise when they were told by their teacher that there was a new student arriving in their class that day. The atmosphere of the usually boring and quiet room lightened up upon hearing of the news. Everyone quickly chatted on their expectations of the new student. As the class continued to chat, a knock was heard on the door. The classroom went silent, knowing that it was the new student they had been talking about.

" Come  in. " said the teacher.

The door then creaked opened, and in came a tall guy, around six feet tall and having his face almost completely covered by his long curly locks. The class looked on with awe as the new student slowly walked towards the teacher. The teacher then told him to introduce himself.

" I am Jericho... " was all he said.

The class took it as a sign of shyness as he went silent after that. The teacher then assigned him a seat near the window of the left side of class (facing the board). Class then commenced as scheduled. During the break, Stacy - a beautiful and popular girl in class, who was sitting beside Jericho, sparked up a conversation with him. She started it with a hello. Jericho responded with a glance.

" My name is Stacy, I hope we can get along well, okay? " Stacy smiled.

Some guys who noticed them slightly envied Jericho, as Stacy rarely gives any attention to any new guy she hasn't met before, and since Jericho was tall and dark, they feared Stacy might have taken a liking to him.

A month and days later, it was clear for the class that Jericho was the silent type. The class wanted to know him, but not only was he silent, he was also secluding himself. Stacy though, was still hard at work trying to be the first to make him talk (other than the teacher asking Jericho to answer a question), but so far it wasn't looking great for her. This only made the other guys more envious of him as he was getting all of Stacy's attention.

During one specific break, Stacy was still trying to get Jericho to talk when she saw that Jericho was clutching on a piece of cloth. It looked old and tattered with markings on it. This made Stacy curious, and asked Jericho on what it was. Jericho quickly hid the cloth in his fist. Stacy thought that he was playing with her, and she played along. She stood up and tried to get to his hand, whilst asking what was the cloth. They struggled a bit, making a scene in the class and further making the guys jealous. Then Stacy took her chance when Jericho loosened his grip on the piece of cloth and took it away from him.

As Stacy smiled and said it was her victory she saw, in that moment in time, Jericho's now demonic eyes. Jericho, without a moment's hesitation pushed Stacy to the ground, sending her crashing to her chair and table. While she was stunned, Jericho snatched the cloth from her. Everyone in the classroom, froze for a moment after witnessing what had just happened. The guys after taking in as to what Jericho had done, quickly acted. A couple of guys helped Stacy up, while a number of them restrained Jericho as he was slowly approaching Stacy. Everyone then adjusted to the current situation. First, her classmates went to her aid, and second they questioned Jericho for his actions.

" Hey man, she was just trying to get to know you! " a guy said.

" She's just a girl, you were in no position to get that so physical with her! " a girl said.

" She... Took it... " Jericho calmly responded.

" Hey man, you're weird, stay away from her, you weirdo. " another guy said.