Harvest

He'd always been alone, but that was until he learnt to make friends, the coppery smell of blood swept over him like a poisonous wave, it was intoxicating. His masterpiece was nearly complete, she was nearly ready, finally he wouldn't have to be alone anymore. Slowly he unveiled his creation, the swollen neck, oozed pus and blood. The shoulders stuck out at grotesque angles and the arms were mismatched, the torso was covered in jagged lines of blood, there was a sucking sound as he peeled back the sheet and the delicate skin ripped off the body. It was sown together like a jigsaw puzzle, only it was missing a piece. He turned to a chair in the corner of the basement.

She sat there chained to the chair, her eyes pleading for him to let her go. "Soon you'll be part of my masterpiece" he whispered in her ear, he felt her body shudder which made him laugh softly, he drew out a needle and thread "I only need your heart" he crooned in her ear "it won't hurt" he whispered. He scraped a knife down her arm she screamed as it sliced through the muscle, the blood began to pool at her feet, making her whimper. "That isn't my heart" she whispered, that was the first time she had spoken, "I just want to have a little fun with you" he said and his laughing got louder. "An eye would suit my creation nicely don't you think" he whispered, she whimpered in fright. He almost gently carved a circle around her left eye, leaving a trail of blood in his wake. Suddenly his knife cut down severing her eye from it's socket. He grinned holding up her eye, still oozing blood, up to the light, as if he were inspecting it. She screamed, the blood streamed from her  eye and sprayed onto his face. His laugh turned maniacal as her screaming grew louder.

Suddenly from a satchel behind him he drew out a scalpel, "please don't hurt me" she whispered, he just grinned. Her vision was fading, but she knew he would not let her die. As the scalpel dug into her heart, she howled, he twisted the blade and with a sickening crack one of her ribs snapped. It had split in half so now it protruded from her chest. The agony was almost unbearable, through her one eye she saw him draw out something, red, that's my heart she thought, before the world went black. He frowned, as the blood dripped from the heart he examined it in the waning light, I was so close he thought, but it's not right. He threw the heart to the blood soaked floor and turned to the next chair.